“Unbelievable”

original Steve's Diner
Ranked #549 of 1,443 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 March 2017

We had heard by word of mouth how good this place was. We went for breakfast and ordered their Love Cakes (pancakes). You can order 1 or 2. I was ready to order 2 as I was hungry.. We asked and the waitress told us they were big. We had NO idea of how BIG. They came to us on a large plate and they were hanging over the sides. We were glad we ordered only 1. I thought my wife was going to faint when she saw how large they were. She gave me part of hers - I was happy as a camper. We loved the texture and taste. The service was attentive and the prices reasonable. Very nice! P.S. it is not open for dinner.

Reviewed 1 July 2016 via mobile

It's a small diner with a big personality. Great breakfast options. Huge pancakes, thick sausage links and they even offer Jamaican Me Crazy. Homefies are made to your liking, which in our case that's well done. What more could you want?

Reviewed 29 October 2015

The food was great. They have a la carte items and I only wanted one scrambled egg and rye toast. It was very reasonable. My friends got a breakfast sandwich and a specialty waffle which was delicious (I tried a bite). It's a cozy restaurant. It was a very busy, a sign of it's goodness! :)

Reviewed 5 July 2015 via mobile

I met up with friends for s birthday breakfast. This was our first visit. There was a line at 1030 but once seated the service was fast but we never felt rushed. The prices were very reasonable. I had to try the pancake which was the size of a dinner plate. Looking forward to a return visit to try he eggs Benedict which is another specialty.

Reviewed 15 May 2015

We ate breakfast at this very popular diner two mornings in a row. People are not coming for the decor, as it is a throwback to another decade. The food, however, is very good. My omelet the first morning and Eggs Benedict the next morning were tasty. I really enjoyed the potato squares. We shared a canoli pancake--a huge plate-sized cake filled with cream--for dessert.