“Convenient and Good!”

Cuisines: Pizza, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 9 October 2017

Right on Park Avenue, Magnolia's offers indoor and outdoor seating. They have a great variety of food including wonderful soup, salads, and sandwiches. You may have to wait to get a seat on the weekend, but the wait is worth it. I loved the cream of tomato soup that is part of their signature items on the menu. I have had many of their sandwiches but really like the Rueben sandwich. I usually have it with the homemade potato salad. The Vick Park A Sandwich reflects the neighborhood and is also quite delicious. They have many great desserts but the Magnolia Cake was a disappointment. It was dry and lacked flavor. Great place to sit an catch up with friends and watch the local scene.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 September 2017

Went after a visit to the Dryden 4PM movie on a Sunday. Ample seating and a cordial waitress. We ordered and the drinks came quickly as we explored the large menu. Decided on sandwiches both good.The desert was a gelatto not what I expected but good. We liked the Cafe and will go again

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Their signature sandwiches and special bread choices(sunflower) are great. Some yummie sweet options as well. Plus Obama ate here... that's good for a conversation starter.

Reviewed 22 June 2017

After visiting the Eastman House, my daughter & I were looking for a good lunch, nearby. My daughter did some Internet searching and found Magnolia's with great reviews. We easily found it a few blocks from Eastman House. It has the ambiance of a deli with hand crafted sandwiches and a wonderful collection of craft brews on tap. The Rochester area seems to have a wonderful selection of breweries and brew pubs, with excellent suds.

After sampling 2 beers by our pleasant server, we made a selection to sip while we contemplated their food menu. My wife used to specialize in a Brie baked in a pastry shell & being on their menu, we had to try it. It was splendid! Next, we shared one of their excellent salads, The salad was very fresh, very good & more than enough for the two of us.

Although our server tried to tempt us with an attractive selection of desserts, we held back, knowing there would be dessert as part of our evening meal with relatives.

Reviewed 17 June 2017

My 91 year old Mom wanted to go to Magnolia's for a light dinner on Monday 6/12/2017 during a recent visit. We arrived just before 6 pm. There is no parking except on the street and the alternate side parking starts at 7 pm. My elderly Mom had to walk a block from the parking to the restaurant (there was no way to safely drop her off before parking) and the entire time we ate we had to monitor the time to either leave before 7 or move the car at 7 pm. The restaurant has indoor and outdoor seating plus a take out counter. It is sort of like a classy upscale deli with a LOT Of boutique beers; a beautiful dessert case and nice light food options. My husband had a Buffalo Chicken salad. It was served fresh and cold with quality chicken. I had the Sesame Ginger Chicken salad. Again, it was made with quality ingredients; served on a chilled plate; plentiful and good. I would not say that anything about the salad would make me hurry back, but the service was excellent, the place was very clean and it was a nice meal.