“Very small portions”

Cuisines: Pizza, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 3 March 2017

A group of us just got take out for lunch today and we were very disappointed. I ordered a large salad which was the size of a very small salad. Two cherry tomatoes, two slices of onion, a couple of very small pieces of cucumber which were old and all mush, a couple of garbanzo beans and one crouton. And all of this for 8.99!
Save your money, this place isn't worth it.

1  Thank timvf101

Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

Anytime I go to Rochester, I always go to Magnolias! They have a wide variety of soups, salads, sandwiches and the best desserts around! My favorite is the University Sandwich. Everything I have tried there is great but I always go back to my favorite.

Reviewed 22 February 2017

Came here to eat lunch while staying in Rochester. After waiting for 15 minutes we were seated. The services was very good and friendly. All the food we ordered was great and we were happy with our stay at Magnolias

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were visiting family in Rochester and were pleasantly surprised at this hidden jewel. I had the best tomato artichoke bisque that I have ever had, including parm cheese crostinis. The antipasto player was more then enough for 2. The menu was diverse and great quality. Service was great. I highly recommend this place to anyone in the area.

Reviewed 4 February 2017

Back in 2012, President Barack Obama, on a campaign swing, stopped at Magnolia's for the signature tomato soup and a toasted cheese half sandwich. Since then his choice has become the Obama Special. I've always liked Mr. Obama so I had his special for my first meal at Magnolia's. He has great taste! I loved it! The special and coffee came to $12.40 (including tax) and I considered it very reasonable.

Just as important to me was the setting (a nice table window), the condition of the restaurant (clean and historic) and the staff (delightful). My friend and I got there about 11:30 and had our choice of tables. By noon, the place was filling but there were no waits for tables throughout the noon hour.

Overall, it was good fun. Our server (Kristina) was prompt, attentive and anticipated our needs easily. All the patrons seemed to be having a good time, the restroom, while tiny, was clean, and I found parking on the street right opposite the restaurant.

I'm planning a return trip soon.