“Nice ambiance for a luncheon”
Review of Trata

Trata
Ranked #36 of 1,468 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: TRATA is an upscale-casual, "all American" bar and restaurant in a modern-industrial setting. Our full bar features 48 beers on tap with a focus on American craft. A fun and energetic night out!
Reviewed 13 September 2018

I went to Trata for the first time yesterday for a ladies luncheon. Loved the layout and the ambiance. I had looked at the menu before going so I had my mind made up about what to order. I was a bit disappointed when I got there to find out that my choice is something that is only done on the weekend, like for brunch(egg sandwich). But I ordered an unusual salad made with Brussel sprouts and it was pretty good. Certainly healthy. Another lady had the same thing but she asked for some extra vinaigrette dressing as the salad was very bland. She shared the dressing with me and I agreed that some extra flavor was definitely needed. All in all, we had very good service which is always appreciated with a larger group. We were given a plate of sliced oranges, lemons & limes to flavor the water on the table. Wow, what a super nice touch! Delicious. I will come back but will probably try something else.

1  Thank grammabanana11
ThereseO245, Guest Relations Manager at Trata, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your experience. I am happy to send your comments along to our team.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We had a delicious dinner. The service was excellent, and atmosphere was interesting and inviting. Creative menu with lots of choices. The chocolate chip cookie dessert is so decadent and amazing. We will certainly go back and definitely recommend it!

Therese O, Guest Relations Manager at Trata, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2018

Thank you for your review!

Reviewed 29 August 2018

Business lunch at Trata's upstairs seating with a group was enjoyed by all. The duck quesadilla appetizer had definite duck and spice flavors could have made a meal with several orders of these. Although the roasted cauliflower was a close second. My salmon entree was cooked as ordered and up to par with what to expect with fresh fish.

1  Thank kma5000

Thank you for sharing your review! Please come see us again, soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

The ambiance is lovely. A gorgeous restaurant with a trendy feel. It was raining so we couldn't sit on the roof top bar.
The food, however was mediocre. Not a place for a great dinner. The service was excellent so if we went again it would just be for drinks.

1  Thank 7springstrinityfla
Therese O, Guest Relations Manager at Trata, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I will be sharing your review with the Chef and kitchen team. We hope you will give the restaurant another try for dinner and look forward to having you as our guest again, soon.

Reviewed 31 July 2018

Visiting Rochester recently we had supper here at Trata on a very busy Sat. night. The bar was packed, as was the rest of the restaurant. The noise level was very loud all around. What used to be a military armory warehouse is now developed into trendy shops and this eatery. Seating is on multi levels. We sat upstairs right on the serving path. Lots of coming and goings. Service was average and so was the food. Lots of beer to choose from. Portions are very large and prices are very reasonable. Unfortunately the food was pretty boring. Not much different from what you would see at any big box mall satellite restaurant.

1  Thank Michael W

Michael, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. While we are pleased to hear your positive comments, we are concerned about the food issues mentioned. Would you mind sending us a direct message with your reservation information to continue the conversation? Hospitality and the happiness of our guests is our main priority and we would like the opportunity to prevent futures disappointing occurrences of this nature. Thank you again.
Therese O.