“Pancakes? PANCAKES!!!!!!”

Original Steve's Diner
Ranked #54 of 1,468 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 September 2016

We ate here on a family visit. The menu seemed a bit pricey and when I say bit I mean just slightly more than usual. I ordered a meal that came with 3 eggs,ham steak and 2 pancakes. The meal arrived quickly. Eggs nicely done. A ham steak approximately 3/4 inch thick and 2 pancakes. Two frickin' 12 inch diameter pancakes! I was full looking at them! They were delicious and fully cooked despite being so big. I look forward to getting the breakfast sandwich next time which for me is the true test for breakfast restaurants.

1  Thank Pete H

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Steve’s is a small diner in a strip mall. It has six tables, eight booths and four counter chairs. I’ve visited twice. Both times there was a short wait - breakfast at 10 AM weekday and lunch weekday. Busy is good - lots of locals - and the waitresses are friendly. At lunch I had the Gyro pita, it was very tasty – lots of meat, even if it was just a tad overcooked. It came with mac salad that was very good. When I came for breakfast, I got the Traditional Eggs Benedict - they make a dizzying variety of variations. The EB was nicely cooked - lightly poached. The hollandaise was more like a butter sauce, but who's complaining? Quite tasty. These come with either homemade home fries (potato chunks) or hashbrown patties (think McDonald's). The hash brown patties came out deathly pale; they could have been fried a little longer. I also ordered a side of corned beef hash - it was okay but had too many green peppers for my taste. All in all, a good, but average experience. I wouldn't hesitate to come back if I was in the neighborhood, but wouldn't go far out-of-the-way to do it.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Ate here twice in the last 2 weeks. Once breakfast, once lunch. Excellent food and service. Their menu is pretty standard. Food fresh, hot or cold when it should be! Their pancakes are HUGE! Fresh turkey- none of that deli stuff. They even have fresh brewed flavored coffee. Once you visit here, you will be hooked.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Long line for Sunday brunch, though effective and friendly staff is making miracles.
Food is good, service is spirited, prices are reasonable, the menu is a diverse.
The place is relatively small, in a strip mall, decor is inviting, almost cozy.
All in all, I am not sure if this is "very" good restaurant, but clearly better than average, hence the 4 stars.

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

We had heard many great things about this place & were finally able to meet friends here for breakfast. Small, but the service and quality and quantity of the food makes up for it! My wife had the apple walnut waffles while I had the traditional eggs, hash browns, sausage & toast. Our friends had the Steve's special & oatmeal. All were excellent, but beware - the pancakes are huge! We will be back!