New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #42 of 1,249 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 18
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Modern Indian flavors transformed into a contemporary gourmet experience! Pleasant, amazing dining experience.
“Came for the vegan food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

Good food, beutiful restaurant. Heard about it while searching for vegan food in Rochester. Keep up the great work with the vegan options - our vegan friends would love if you did!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Rochester, New York
“good food nice ambience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2012

Have been there twice,it is different than a traditional Indian restaurant but the food is delicious.There naan is fantastic as are a lot of their appetizers,especially the chicken wings.The mango martinis are delish and the atmosphere is lovley.

• Visited June 2012
new york
“Nice experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2012

We went therefore based on the reviews. Overall, we loved the food and service there. We will it recommend based on the taste, service and not too pricey menu. We will definitely going back again.

• Visited June 2012
Rochester, New York
“Delicious Indian Fusion Food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

I have had two good experiences at Amaya now. I went once on a regular weekday and once again on a Wednesday for their tasting menu (in this case it was Goan). Both times my dishes have been flavorful and interesting.

Understand that Amaya intends to be New Indian or Fusion in many respects. You aren't going to find completely traditional items. I eat a lot of traditional Indian food myself so I am fine with the distinction.

The Goan menu was out of this world. The piri piri sauce had just the right amount of spice (I like spicy food, this dish is not for the faint at heart). We had apps, entrees and of course warm Gulab Jamun for dessert with vanilla ice cream with a hint of sea salt in it. Yum.

I will go back. They rotate their tasting menu on various Wednesdays so be sure to get on their mailing list to know when they bring it back. I think the next one is Indo Chinese themed. Even better!

Go with an open mind and explore the menu as if it were new to you and you will do fine.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AmayaBarAndGrill, Owner at Amaya Indian Cuisine, responded to this review, 3 June 2012
Thank you very much for the encouragement. We will feature 2 theme events every month and the next one is Indo-chinese on June 13, 2012. Do sign up for the newsletter on our website. We look forward to serving you.
Cleveland, Ohio
“Indelicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2012

The food here is a delight. I have tried 5 or 6 main dishes and 3 or 4 desserts and I have never been disappointed. The first time I went with a Groupon and the kitchen was very behind. We waited a long time for our main course but the server did compensate us with a free appetizer and 2 desserts which they allowed us to take home because we were full. Tika Massala is my favorite; the rice is always done perfectly - something I struggle to do on my own. Their garlic naan is to die for and I love the fruit appetizer they bring out now (added since my first trip). I had the signature Amaya chicken dish last week, which comes served in a coconut. It was playful and delicious! We also met the owner last week, a very kind gentlemen and doctor. The food is pricey but so worth it.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank rhely21
Thank you very much for your encouragement. These words inspire us to do better for you each and every visit.