“Go for the donuts!”

Ranked #4 of 49 Bakeries in Rochester
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 10
Cuisines: Cafe
Reviewed 29 August 2017

These are definitely my new favorite place to go for donuts in Rochester! (Or anywhere, really) The donuts had this great sort of dense, chewy texture, but I would never call them heavy. They were very soft and the flavor was beautiful. On my visit, I was able to try the powdered bavarian creme, powdered strawberry, frosted bavarian, apple fritter, and the powdered vanilla creme. Some of them were eaten the day after my visit, and I was amazed at how well they kept. Usually donuts from a chain or grocery store would be pretty stale by the next day, but these were almost just as good as when they were fresh.

The service wasn't anything special, but I honestly don't care about being greeted or any of that other stuff, so it was great for me. The place was packed with not a ton of seating, so be aware of that. We took our donuts out, so I don't know how difficult it would have been to find a place to sit.

I'm definitely coming back again and again. These donuts are my new craving!

Reviewed 27 June 2017

We went to Ridge Donut Cafe because of the great reviews on Trip Advisor. The donuts we got were terrific, however, the customer service was horrible. There were three different apple donuts with different names. When we asked what the difference was, the server (in not the kindest voice) said, 'they're all the same'. I selected one and moved on. We then didn't see any lemon filled donuts (but since they were on the bottom shelf, we 'hoped' there were some at the back of that rack. When we asked if they were out of Lemon filled donuts, her reply was, 'looks like it'. She didn't even bother to bend over to look. I'd had it by then so I said to my husband (so she could hear), 'well this is outstanding customer service'.

Yes she heard me and after taking our money, then she told us to have a nice night.

Too little to late....

Reviewed 30 May 2017

I came here with my husband on a Friday morning around 9 AM and they had all the different kinds of donuts available, except the sour cream one, which was a little disappointing since that's my husband favorite. But, the selection was good other than that.
And the taste was fantastic! If you like cream filled ones, the powdered cream filled ones (both vanilla cream and a chocolate cream one) will not disappoint! They are loaded with cream. The cream filled one with chocolate frosting on top is great as well as is the cinnamon roll and regular glazed. We got 6 of them fort he 2 of us and we honestly only needed one each, since they were pretty sweet. They had a sample of the chocolate glazed one out and I tried it and it was pretty good.
The pricing is good also, much better than other donut shops.
They also had muffins and other baked goodies, which we didn't try.
Overall, I'd recommend anyone who likes donuts to stop here.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

These are the best donuts in the area by far. The apple fritters are enormous and sooo tasty. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

I used to be a fan of donuts delight and I was happy when they came back. After trying this place I am not sure why I have been going all those years. Hands down the best. You WILL wait and they may be out of what you want but that's the price you pay for greatness. They don't line up out the door on a 10 degree day for average donuts.

1  Thank ik631