“Loved it!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Rochester
Toronto, Canada
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

This was our first time staying at a Homewood Suites and we couldnt have been more pleased! Loved the hotel. Was super clean. Staff was friendly and amazing. Went swimming in the pool, not cold and a great size. We plan on staying at the hotel again when we come back next year! Couldnt imagine staying anywhere else :)

only complaint - the TV where breakfast was served was playing some sort of crime/drama show. I had to keep distracting and turning my young childs attention from the TV as it was playing bloody scenes and a scene from a morgue etc. Not appropriate programming for families having breakfast.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Chris G, Manager at Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Dear Catherine S,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding your stay at the Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece. We are extremely excited you were able to enjoy all of our facilities including breakfast and the pool.

In regards to the television in our Lodge during breakfast, we have reviewed our procedures with our Lodge staff and the Front Desk in ensuring that proper television content is on at all times.

If there is anything else that we can do for future stays, please do not hesitate to contact me here at the hotel and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Elmira, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend away and it was great. Room was beautiful and very large. We also got great use out of the gym and pool. Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear MickiJB224,

On behalf of the staff and management at the Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, thank you for your wonderful comments. Comments such as yours are such a nice reward to our daily efforts.

Thank you again for your wonderful comments and please do not hesitate to contact me here at the hotel if there is anything else I can do for you.

Flint, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel offers you the best buy for your money. The hotel is clean, the staff very friendly, the rooms spacious and nicely decorated. The location is convenient to many restaurants and other areas of interest. The exercise room is better than most hotels provide and the residential area provides for a nice walk outside if one prefers that. The only complaint that I could muster is that the last couple times I stayed, there have been parties in the lobby area and pool and the noise was annoying - but this would definately not stop me from staying there again.

Room Tip: If you have kids you might want to get into a regular suite as opposed to the studio suite. The stu...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank pac0101
Dear pac0101,

On behalf of the staff and management at the Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, thank you for your wonderful feedback. In regards to your concern about the parties in the lobby and pool, we have been constantly working to revise our policies and procedures to ensure that all of our guests comfort is kept to the highest level without sacrificing service.

If there is anything else that I can do to assist you in future stays, please do not hesitate to contact me here at the hotel.

Thank You!

Delray Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

This was the first time I stayed in a Homewood Suites and I must say it was a great experience. We had two spacious rooms, each with a king bed, sleeper sofa and full kitchen. With a connecting door between the two rooms, we had plenty of room for a family of seven. The only complaint I have with the rooms is that they each contained only one TV which was placed on a side wall between the living room and the bedroom and had to be turned to be viewed in either room. This meant it could not be viewed from both areas at the same time. There should have been two TV as in most other suites. Other than that, the room and bedding was great. The complementary breakfast was more than adaquate for our varied tastes; something for everyone, from bacon and eggs to cereal and yogurt.

The indoor pool was a nice treat on a cold night and the excersize room helped me work off the nights dinner.

I would certainly stay at a Homewood in the future.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank exnorther
Dear exnorther,

On behalf of the staff and management at the Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, thank you for your honest feedback about our hotel.

We are glad that you were able to enjoy your first stay with us. In regards to the connecting rooms that we have, unfortunately you are right, they only have 1 television in each room as they are King Studios, however we do offer our King One Bedroom Suites do have the separate living area and bedroom area which have the addition television in each room. These rooms however are not connecting and I'm not sure if it would work for your family.

If you would like to discuss your previous stay further, please do not hesitate to contact me here at the hotel and I will be more than happy to assist you.

chris.goyette@hilton.com
N. California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

My family of 3 (2 adults and an 8-year old) stayed here for a change from our usual haunt (the nearby Residence Inn) when visiting family in Rochester. The price was about $20 less per night than the Residence Inn for similar amenities, so we gave it a try.

Every hotel staff member I encountered -- from the check-in clerk to the breakfast chef to the maintenance man with whom I shared an elevator ride -- was friendly and welcoming. The breakfast buffet had a large and tasty variety of healthy choices (eggs, yogurt, fruit, cereal) in addition to the standard grab-n-go continental carb-laden offerings. The coffee was sufficiently robust. The king-bed studio with sofa bed had a good amount of table and desk space at which two people could work on their laptops but could have used a little more storage space for our 3 suitcases + carry-on bags.The wi-fi service was free and fast. The room and bathroom were very clean. The pool was small and over-crowded at times during the day (spring break time), especially in comparison to the pool and hot tub at the Residence Inn, but very comfortable from 8:30 - 10 PM when only two families (6 people total) were using it.

The room decor (currently trendy browns, grays, orange and gold) wasn't my preferred color palette but it was easy to overlook since we were out and about most of the day. If I'm there alone next time, I'd choose this hotel and king bed studio again for the value pricing and amenities. If I'm with family, I think I'll upgrade to a larger room so we're not tripping over suitcases and can close the sleeping area off. I'm giving it a 4 instead of a 5 only because the room layout was a little cramped for 3 people. The lack of spaciousness was more than made up for by the overall value and amenities.

Room Tip: If you have more than 2 people, choose a larger room than the king-size studio.
1 Thank BrilliantBambina
Dear Brilliantbambina,

On behalf of the staff at the Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, I would like to thank you for such a wonderful review. Yes our hotel does fill up during spring break and the pool can become a little crowded, however we are excited that you were still able to enjoy of all our amenities and services during your stay with us.

In regards to our rooms, on your next visit, if you choose to upgrade to the 1 Bedroom Suite with 1 King bed, I might suggest that you request rooms ending in -00 and -01 as they offer a little extra storage space in the bathroom.

Thank you again for your wonderful comments and we hope to see you again in the near future.