“Great sushi dinner....and eel roll!”
Review of Sakura Home

Sakura Home
Ranked #165 of 1,481 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Here at Sakura Home, you can experience not only traditional style sushi, but also new style-sushi, which is an innovative Japanese style of presenting sushi. We are one of the first restaurants to bring this style of sushi to Rochester. Sakura Home always strives to serve superior quality of food, services and excellent dining experience to our customers. We serve Sushi, Hibachi and Alcoholic beverages. Sakura Home is also proud to serve a variety of Hibachi dishes prepared by our professional and experienced Hibachi chefs, who will entertain and delight you with their masterful cooking at your table.
Reviewed 11 December 2017

This is our "go-to" sushi restaurant in Rochester...really serves very good food. In addition to my sushi dinner, I tried a separate piece of eel, which I really enjoy, wrapped in a rice roll. It was fantastic. The hibachi side of the bar was in full cry, although it was also VERY noisy. (You might want to sit as far away from that side as you can.) Still, a very good meal; we thoroughly enjoyed it,

Date of visit: December 2017

Reviewed 6 November 2017

We visited Sakura Home for lunch last Friday. Once again, the sushi was superb, with the salad and miso soup to accompany it. This is a very nice place to eat a leisurely meal and not be "pushed" to move along after you eat. We all enjoyed the food and the service.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank Larry W
Reviewed 10 October 2017 via mobile

Sashimi was served in a small row boat made of a solid piece of ice. The sashimi is always fresh and the hibatchi is exciting. The service here is excellent. After going there as many times as I have, the servers and the manager recognizes me and my family. Always great food and wine.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Hibachi is always fun! Delicious food being prepared in front of you with some fun cutlery skills to watch. Try the white sauce, it's amazing!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 13 June 2017

We took my sister there for dinner last weekend. She eats a lots of sushi, and agreed that this is a great place, especially for a small market like Rochester. I had the sushi dinner, which is always great...half sushimi (spelling) and half rolls.It was all great! I highly recommend this place for lunch or for dinner.

Date of visit: June 2017