“One of the city's best”
Review of Lento

Lento
Ranked #60 of 1,467 Restaurants in Rochester
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: University Ave.
Reviewed 21 January 2017

Certainly not my first time at Lento.....I drive from Watkins Glen and consider it one of Rochester's finest stops - last night certainly did not disappoint. We split a lobster salad - they delivered it on two separate plates - beautifully decorated. The salad was perfect. My date had the Delmonico and could not stop talking about it.... I had the duck - also perfect. As always, the service was impeccable. Lento remains one of Rochester's finest,..

Reviewed 15 January 2017

My wife and I had dinner on 1/13/17. She had a special "fisherman's stew" which she said was excellent. I had a Delmonico steak which was poor. It was tender but had blue cheese butter which I do not like and it had a liver taste to it which was poor, Did not finish it, Expect it was baked next to liver or had a live broth put on it. Very disappointing. Lento's is a great pace for a glass of wine, Oysters, and some seafood. This is not where you want to go for a steak. All the food was "artsey" in presentation with herbs and things a steak and potatoes person would not like. Won't go there again for dinner. Service was fine. Server said she was sorry about the taste but did not offer any comp. or to tell the chef while we were there.

Reviewed 3 January 2017 via mobile

Our group of four went to Lento on NYE. The table we were sat at was very low where the two men barely could fit their legs under. We ordered a few items from the seafood bar. The crab legs were delicious but I felt robbed paying $2.50 for one gulf shrimp that was on the smaller side. Three of us ordered the duck and one the scallops. We all were impressed by our meals and I especially enjoyed my scallops. What left a bad taste in our mouth was the service. Our server disappeared after placing our food order. A drink was ordered and never appeared. We had to ask for the hostess to grab our server. He blamed the drink not coming on the bar's behalf but we saw drinks being served efficiently to other tables. The table next to us waited 15 minutes for him to return so they could pay their bill. All in all, while we agreed the food was good, we decided the service would not have us rush back.

Reviewed 15 December 2016

My wife and I had dinner at Lento. She had the beet salad and I had the calamari. Her salad was ver fresh. Some of the calamari was a little tough but tasty. She had Sockeye Salmon enter and I had the Beef Bolognese with homemade pasta entree. She really liked the salmon and the parsnip & horseradish purée that came wth it, very different. I pasta was done perfectly as you could tell that it was homemade. The sauce however was a little too salty for my taste. The service was excellent. Certainly a place worth trying.

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

My wife and I chose lento for our date night. We arrived early for our reservation and enjoyed a cocktail at the bar. The specialty drinks were a nice change of pace and certainly unique. The service was excellent throughout the night. The food was also very good if a bit pricey. I would go back.