“Very good crab cakes!”

Jerry & The Mermaid
Ranked #3 of 131 Restaurants in Riverhead
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Open Seven Days a Week Year Round. Located directly next to the Hyatt Place East End Hotel and Atlantis Long Island Aquarium! Just minutes from Tanger Outlets and a short drive to the Hamptons or LI wine country. Arrive by car or by boat using one of Jerry's complimentary docking slips!
Reviewed 5 September 2017

Some friends and I ate at Jerry & The Mermaid last week. Our server was great (blonde woman)- very nice lady! The food was also really good. I highly reccomend the crab cakes- these were the best crab cakes I have had outside of MD. Usually crab cakes outside of MD are overly breaded and have a ton of mayo in them- Jerry & The Mermaid serves very fresh crab cakes with some kind of slaw on the side. The mayo is also on the side- which I appreciated and really liked. For the main course my friends and I had the marinated burgers- delicious! Highly recommend this spot- it's in a nice area too if you are looking to walk around after dinner.

1  Thank Adriane C
foodieforlifeNewYork, Owner at Jerry & The Mermaid, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Adriane,
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the crab cakes and the service! I believe Jessica was your server and I'll be sure to compliment her on a job well done. Thank you for dining with us and for taking the time to review.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Stopped for lunch on arrival to Riverhead. Sadly the weather wasn't great but nice view of the inlet with boats. Fish and chips and clams casino were tasty. The clam chowder was delicious.

1  Thank shellierock

Shellie,
Glad to hear you enjoyed the chowder, clams casino & fish! Three seafood selections for lunch....very awesome! Thanks for the patronage and for the review! We hope to see you soon at Jerry's!

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

We had made reservations based on a recommendation, and wow were they right. First I have to say that this is a busy somewhat noisy establishment, so if you are looking for a quiet romantic dinner I about sure this is the place. But if you are looking for great food and fun atmosphere this is the place.

My grandmother who is allergic to shell fish wanted fish and chips,the waitress came back to tell her they used the same oil for the shrimp, so she got a burger and fries, the waitress came back to tell her the fries would be in the same oil so could choose something else as a side. She took the allergies seriously and made sure nothing would harm her customer.

Everything we had from oyster to steak to shrimp was great, cooked and flavored perfectly.

The owner comes around to make sure you are enjoying your experience. Cannot wait to go back when we are away in September.

1  Thank yanksgirl17

Thank for the recent patronage and for taking the time to review. We do take allergies very serious and I'm glad that you saw and appreciated that. I'm ecstatic to hear you had an amazing experience overall! We hope to have you back sometime soon.

Reviewed 2 September 2017

We visited on a Thursday evening prior to a moonlight cruise on the river. We were seated right away (they don't take reservations for 2). Our server, Jessica came right over to take our drink order. I enjoyed a glass of Chardeaux from the local vineyard, Raphael which was very good and priced fairly. My husband ordered the tuna which was a generous portion cooked exactly the way he requested. I have food sensitivity and Jessica helped me choose a very simply prepared dish which turned out to be the grouper without the nut coating. It was perfectly cooked...not dry and came with a baked potato and fresh mixed vegetables of carrots, broccoli and cauliflower. Our entrees also came with a small salad. All in all we enjoyed our meals very much and a special thank you to Jessica for her guidance. We are looking forward to returning soon!

1  Thank Marianne A

Marianne,
The chardeaux from Raphael is one of my favorite wines we serve, so I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed it! I'm glad to hear you loved both of your entree selections and would like to return soon. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review!

Reviewed 1 September 2017 via mobile

If you are looking for local seafood well prepared this is your place, good beer and wine options as well, little expensive considering the location but well worth to try, service is not great but is fine... food is what speaks out ... very good !!!

Andres,
Glad to hear you loved the food, beverage options and overall experience! We greatly appreciate the review and patronage. Hope to see you soon!