“Steeped in history”

The Tavern at the Beekman Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
The Tavern at the Beekman Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 58 Restaurants in Rhinebeck
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 30
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Welcome to our restaurant with its Colonial Tap Room featuring overhead beams, open hearth fireplace, and a charming bar. Our restaurant serves lunch and dinner seven days a week year round and Brunch on Sundays. Dining is in several separate dining rooms and a garden greenhouse. We also cater to banquet, wedding and private parties.
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

We were with friends who live in this area and so we were treated with a personal tour of this beautiful place. The food was exceptional, and the service was 5 star. My crab stuffed shrimp and my husbands trout was mouth watering.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

The Beekman Arms could be so much more!

First of all it has the history, pedigree and charm of Rhinebeck going for it. The atmosphere is first rate.

We go here often due to it being in the center of town (and one of the only places open for lunch). The kitchen when they put LOVE into it can turn out an excellent lunch (I stress lunch because there are far better options in town for dinner) but 8 out of 10 times the food is average or poor.

We cross our fingers that we have Tray/Tres(?) as our server or bartender - THE only staff member who cares.

The staff needs TRAINING on how to be servers; knowledge on the wines, how to pour etc.

The HOSTESS is always away from her post and takes forever; I suggest they double up on hostess duties during high season/weekend.

We applaud you on starting to use local farms and ingredients....that is the step in the right direction.

We noticed they have hired some staff from Cucina (Woodstock, NY)... not sure if this is going to make it better or worse; would be smarter to get a consultant from Manhattan or make Tray the manager.

Please keep the atmosphere as is; the bar and tavern should not be gentrified; don't ruin the one thing you got going for you... the bartenders make great drinks and care for their patrons.

Think about turning to your [one] employee who "gets it" and look internally for the answers. Speak to the regulars who come in loyally every day/ week.

You're just down the road from the Culinary Institute of America; get a top young passionate chef in there....and strive to be the best!
We noticed new banquettes in the atrium (looks great but not very comfortable)...but truly it is the window treatments that need an upgrade.

The Tavern could and should be a destination in its own right.
The owners (The Banta family) needs to be here more often and invest in this treasure; don't they understand that if they can turn this place around with all the local ingredients and top service/chef they would double/triple their business and the buzz would be back?!

Been coming here for decades and generations and hope this feedback keeps us seeing the restaurant evolve! Everyone wants the Beekman to succeed...here's hoping!

1  Thank nyctvlr75
Reviewed 10 July 2017

The glassed in side of the restaurant has a nice ambiance. Service is a bit slow but friendly. Luncheon menu is ample, the California Roll is tastey.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

We indulged ourselves into a king and queen prime rib which was cooked to perfection. For a salt lover like me it was perfect but for others it could be a little too salty, however this was cooked to perfection. The location was established in 1776 and has all the trappings of that era. This is a very special place with a terrific wait staff and a great stop for anyone wanting a good meal.

Reviewed 7 July 2017

I was looking forward to eating here. I had eaten here a few years ago and I did like it.
This time I ordered a few things and only received ONE item of my order. For some reason this waitress who spoke very little English decided I should only get one item. I wanted to talk to management because this was absolutely not ok with me. She was not available. I talked to several waitresses and no one cared.
Finally one of the very non-interested waitresses came who was not my original waitress said "if you would like we can give you a free meal or you can leave your phone number for someone to call you". Are you kidding me? Why would I pay for a partial meal? Why would I leave my phone number.?
The original waitress never apologized. I would NEVER go back here. THEY need to listen and they need to learn CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!!!
On top of all of it the food was mediocre, like it had been sitting under a heat lamp for hour, the green beans were overcooked with tons of greasy butter and the salmon tasted old. ewwwwwwwwwww!

1  Thank travelagogo2016