“Smoked meat paradise”

Ranked #23 of 58 Restaurants in Rhinebeck
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 24
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Smoked Meat Paradise includes St.Louis ribs, baby back, brisket , pork belly, pastrami, sausage and just added smoked duck. Variety of sides and new additions to menu drunk shrimp and salmon. Full bar over 30 bourbons and 8 craft beers on tap.
Reviewed 9 June 2017

Got there early on a thursday night (5 pm). The aroma of bbq meats filled the air from the outside smoker. We were seated immediately and since we had a toddler were given a high chair. Our waiter, Matt, was extremely friendly and helpful. Food was very tasty. Got he meat sampler as a starter. This was a good way to try most of what they offer. Once we tried the sampler we all ordered our meals. The pastrami was tender and the corn bread amazing. The dirty rice had just enough heat in it . I had the dry ribs. They were highly spiced and nicely smoked. A cheddar burger was eaten that was so juicy the smoky flavor enjoyable. The complimentary soup was very tasty with chunks of carrots, potatoes and brisket. Pineapple upside down cake with vanilla ice cream for dessert was a nice sweet finish to the salty smoky meats in our meals.

Reviewed 3 June 2017

It was a gorgeous day and I wanted to sit outside and saw this place with a huge outdoor space. Terrific server Ana waited on me. I had a summer ale (5 bucks) and ordered the BBQ sampler (18) which had pork, sausages, 2 ribs & chicken. Sooo very good and great bbq sauce. Way too much to eat (this order would be great shared), I took ALOT home. I did not have any sides, it came with some chibatta bread which was toasted and good. I also had their pecan pie (good) and coffee (I honestly thought it was instant) so not good. But really a great stop though with all that it was about 35 bucks just for me (w/o tip) but of course I took a lot of meat home. Well worth it on a pretty day. Cute inside too.........!

Reviewed 31 May 2017

We just went to Smoky Rock and discovered something we had not seen before: a view of the kitchen where the chef, who was clearly working hard, greeted us warmly (there is an open view to where he is cooking). His wife, who greeted us at the door, clearly remembered us as well. There's the small-town warmth we are so appreciative of.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

Tender ribs and amazing cheesy corn fritters. Friendly service. The house red was a pretty good quality too. Would eat here again.

Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

This is a solid good BBQ place with a few non BBQ options for those in the group who may not be big BBQ fans. They have both smothered BBQ and dry rub options. The pulled pork was very good. Everyone was a huge fan of the appetizers from loaded potato chips to cheese fritters and cheese fries as well as thee sampler were all great! The staff was friendly. The place clean. A little pricer than some other BBQ places. They have outdoor seating.