“Great dinner, dessert and service.”
Review of Calico Restaurant

Calico Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 58 Restaurants in Rhinebeck
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Boutique restaurant with in house bakery. Dinner reservations accepted 5:15-8pm Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Open other hours for the pastry shop.
Reviewed 6 February 2017

Food was excellent. I really enjoyed the flat iron steak. We also had two specials, rack of lamb and salmon. They were also delicious. The desserts are heavenly. Service was excellent too and pace was good. Excellent value especially compared to the other over priced restaurants in Rhinebeck. Owners take great pride and it shows.

1  Thank Kevin D
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 January 2017

On other visits to Rhinebeck we were not able to get a dinner reservation at Calico but this time we got lucky. It is a small restaurant and very intimate. The service is excellent with the owners wife attending to the dining room to ensure quality. We started with the Roasted Pepper appetizer which was very nice. For our entries, we had the Chicken and Shrimp and Sea Scallops both of which were well prepared and very enjoyable. Desert is problematic since they have so many excellent pastry choices which are all very well done and delicious.

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

Fabulous! Wouldn't change a thing! PriFix menu was perfectly paired with wonderful American wines. Service and food was wonderfully plated and delicious. Leslie and Tony are gracious chefs and at the end of the meal toasted us ( the customers) for making their restaurant a success. A lovely, but certainly unnecessary touch as my husband and I will come back for this exceptional food and service over and over again! A simply perfect place to have New Years Eve Dinner or any Spectacular Dinner!

Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

Excellent. Simplistic with extreme quality to detail. Would definitely recommend this place for couples.

Reviewed 28 December 2016

While visiting Rhinebeck, I looked up this restaurant in Trip Advisor and so glad I did since my hubby and I had a wonderful dinner here. Reservations are a must... it's a small café... maybe 8 tables at the most. The husband is the Chef and the wife is the Pastry Chef. Everything is great here. They also sell local wines at reasonable prices per bottle which we tried and ended up buying wine to take home at a local wine shop. Make sure to leave room for dessert or order it to go. I stood in front of the bakery counter for 10 minutes trying to figure out what I wanted... they all looked delish!