“Reuben is a delicious!”

Matchbox Cafe
Ranked #8 of 59 Restaurants in Rhinebeck
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Farm to table, made from scratch, all natural comfort food and cookies. Home of the Matchbox veggie FarmBurger- the most delicious handmade, all natural Veggie Burger.
Reviewed 13 May 2015

Absolutely a must stop if you are passing through! Food is delicious - the hospitality is wonderful! Of course the red velvet cake is delicious.... we also had the brownie - which we felt was even better than the cake!

1  Thank Sue S

Reviewed 12 April 2015 via mobile

Just stopped in to this tiny restaurant with my husband and my daughter who is a college junior at Bard nearby. We had a late Sunday lunch of a burger, a portobello/mozzarella sandwich and an egg white Swiss cheese omelet. Each came with delicious homemade French fries and my omelette also had 15-grain toast. Everything was terrific. They also have outdoor seating for when it warms up. I'd also recommend the Lemonade. The people were super nice, quickly replacing a lemonade we knocked over. We'll be back for sure! Next time we'll try to leave room for the desserts.

1  Thank DJMXX
Reviewed 8 February 2015

Seats about 22. All food is fresh and hand-made. My husband loved his burger, and I found both my Reuben and the fries outstanding! Friendly welcome, warm artificial fire in the genuine fireplace. Don't miss it!

Reviewed 3 February 2015

The place may be small but it delivers a large happy plate of food. Vegans and carnivores alike can enjoy a burger here. Fresh ingredients on each plate. Burgers are real homemade - not a frozen disc from the store. Salads are fresh, homemade desserts are available and in the summer you can sit outside (not very scenic - but fun with a bunch of old cars in the back). Staff is friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 29 December 2014

We have been here a couple of times and each time the food seems to get better and better. I think it is just that we have now had a chance to order a couple of different things on the menue and they are all great! The Ruben I had this past weekend was unlike any I have every had and was amazing. They told me they make their own corned beef. I am very particular so this is a very big compliment. We bring the desserts home because we are too full from the food and want to enjoy it on its own, Don't think twice about stopping.