“Reuben is a delicious!”

Matchbox Cafe
Ranked #10 of 58 Restaurants in Rhinebeck
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Delivery
Description: Farm to table, made from scratch, all natural comfort food and cookies. Home of the Matchbox veggie FarmBurger- the most delicious handmade, all natural Veggie Burger.
Reviewed 13 May 2015

Absolutely a must stop if you are passing through! Food is delicious - the hospitality is wonderful! Of course the red velvet cake is delicious.... we also had the brownie - which we felt was even better than the cake!

1  Thank Sue S

Reviewed 12 April 2015 via mobile

Just stopped in to this tiny restaurant with my husband and my daughter who is a college junior at Bard nearby. We had a late Sunday lunch of a burger, a portobello/mozzarella sandwich and an egg white Swiss cheese omelet. Each came with delicious homemade French fries and my omelette also had 15-grain toast. Everything was terrific. They also have outdoor seating for when it warms up. I'd also recommend the Lemonade. The people were super nice, quickly replacing a lemonade we knocked over. We'll be back for sure! Next time we'll try to leave room for the desserts.

1  Thank DJMXX
Reviewed 8 February 2015

Seats about 22. All food is fresh and hand-made. My husband loved his burger, and I found both my Reuben and the fries outstanding! Friendly welcome, warm artificial fire in the genuine fireplace. Don't miss it!

Reviewed 3 February 2015

The place may be small but it delivers a large happy plate of food. Vegans and carnivores alike can enjoy a burger here. Fresh ingredients on each plate. Burgers are real homemade - not a frozen disc from the store. Salads are fresh, homemade desserts are available and in the summer you can sit outside (not very scenic - but fun with a bunch of old cars in the back). Staff is friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 29 December 2014

We have been here a couple of times and each time the food seems to get better and better. I think it is just that we have now had a chance to order a couple of different things on the menue and they are all great! The Ruben I had this past weekend was unlike any I have every had and was amazing. They told me they make their own corned beef. I am very particular so this is a very big compliment. We bring the desserts home because we are too full from the food and want to enjoy it on its own, Don't think twice about stopping.

Been to Matchbox Cafe? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK