“Home away from home”
Review of Olde Rhinebeck Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rhinebeck
Olde Rhinebeck Inn
Ranked #1 of 15 Rhinebeck B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
London
“Home away from home”
Reviewed 16 January 2012

I had the most wonderful four day visit at the Olde Rhinebeck Inn with my husband in December 2011. We had a splendid 2 bedroom suite with a very comfortable bed. I found out about the Olde Rhinebeck Inn from Trip Advisor and am eager to share my experiences in this sumptuous Inn with potential visitors.
Built in the 1700s, the Inn is beautifully decorated and, thanks to the Innkeeper Jonna, is extremely welcoming and relaxing. We learned a lot about Rhinebeck from Jonna. I looked forward at the end of the day to returning to the Inn and reading my paper in the beautiful sitting room in front of a log fire. Mornings were extra special because of Jonna's amazing breakfasts. They were both creative and delicious. I know I will be back soon - actually I can't wait to return....

Room Tip: All the rooms are unique, comfortable and beautiful
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Baku, Azerbaijan
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Living in Baku, Azerbaijan, with my parents in Pennsylvania, I wanted to plan something special for just after Christmas. Jonna and her family were the most welcoming hosts and the Inn, in our Ryefield Suite, was idyllic. The attention to detail in everything, the gourmet breakfasts every morning - we stayed 3 nights - was in every way the ideal restful holiday. The town of Rhinebeck also inspired us to gourmet heights and visits to the Vanderbilt Home and FDR Museum kept us occupied during the day only to return to our paradise in the evening, to sit by the fire and hear stories of this historic inn from 1745 and Jonna's tales of her acquiring it and making it into the legend that it deserves to be. Thank you, Jonna, for a memorable family vacation.

Room Tip: Take the ground floor suites!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 January 2012

This New Year's Eve we spent another fantastic weekend at the Olde Rhinebeck Inn. I think this was our seventh time, I'm beginning to lose count. As I have said in a previous review we have stayed in 3 of the 4 rooms and each is unique in their own way and super clean and spacious. All have everything to make your stay enjoyable from home baked treats, WiFi, Flat screen TV, Netflix, Fridge and wonderful beds and furniture. The location of the Inn is perfect, a quiet country road just a short drive from the Village. Our host and owner, Jonna, always greets us with a smile and prepares a delicious gourmet breakfast each morning. Evening was spent chatting by the fire and enjoying a peaceful, perfect New Years Eve weekend. It's always great to spend the holiday with an "Olde" friend. We look forward to going back soon!

Allenhurst, NJ
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I highly recommend the Olde Rhinebeck Inn. We only stayed one night, a Thursday. Wished we could have stayed more, but it was booked for the weekend. But we were very happy with our choice, after looking at places we had thought about during our vacation planning. We stayed downstairs in the two-room suite. There was absolutely no noise from the road. In the morning, we opened the door to the front to let the sun shine in our room, and it was quiet and peaceful. Jonna is a wonderful cook and full of information about the area. She even included our friends at breakfast, even though they didn't stay there. We will definitely go back, and reserve far enough ahead to get more than one night!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NJ505
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 December 2011

No, I am NOT the owner. Neither had I ever met her before spending a weekend there. This 1700s inn is not only everything of good that you may have read from other reviewers - it now lives in my heart as the best B&B I have ever been to. The two reviewers that said that were unhappy there must be family of competition in the area or were just very unlucky. We had stayed at other places in Rhinebeck before - just ok, colder and impersonal places. The Olde Rhinebeck Inn was very special: perfect place for honeymoon or love nest; owner is very friendly, a genuinely nice person. It is hosting as art, not just business! And it is the combination of everything that made me so happy: beautiful landscapes around it, ponds, trees, clean room, attention to details, Time Warner tv, free Internet, wonderful breakfast, marvelous historic estates to visit in the area, unique high school zoo in America not far, tea and coffee at any time, wonderful restaurants in area... Price was very fair. Not for cheap people though. The owners should also open their own restaurant so good was the breakfast! I did feel like home. I will definitely go back and tell all friends about it! We slept very well. Never heard any noise from road as one of the unhappy reviewers wrote. Highly recommend! At any time of the year!

Room Tip: We stayed at a huge suite on the ground floor.
2 Thank Mark L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rhinebeck
12.8 km away
4.7 km away
Beekman Arms and Delamater Inn
13.2 km away
Journey Inn Bed & Breakfast

Been to Olde Rhinebeck Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK