“Yummy Masala Dosa!”

Cinnamon Indian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Cinnamon Indian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 59 Restaurants in Rhinebeck
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 28
Cuisines: Indian, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Traditional Indian Cuisine with a Cotemporary Twist. We serve authentic Indian cuine with fresh quality ingredients.
Reviewed 31 July 2018

Serenely modern and stylish restaurant, delicious food, reasonable prices. We sat in the dining area that was completely open to the street, so had either a view of leafy Rhinebeck street scene) or the cool mural that graced the back of the restaurant. There's a larger din ing area adjoining it with banquet seating as well. Service was professional, attentive, and friendly and the FOOD. Started with excellent onion kulcha, a home made flatbread bread with onion, cilantro, butter and a perfect smoky char from the baking. Friends got Sag Panir (tasted more like tofu w spinach than Panir (Indian cheese) but still good), I got Masala Dosa ($14), the lunch special offered another house dosa for $12. It's SO SO GOOD. It's a rice crepe wrapped around spiced potato micture, served with a cooling lentil vegetable "iddly"and another little coconut sambal to dip the dosa in. The dosa is fun (they serve it sliced half --in NY I've seen it served as a breathtaking one piecer but this place is more elegant!). Fun to have the crispy edges and the contrast of the potato-y end. Vegan and gluten free as well, not that I needed it, but you might. Truly lovely place for lunch or dinner!

Wajira W, Manager at Cinnamon Indian Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Hi Carolyn,

Thank you for the lovely reveiw. hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 30 July 2018

Great tasting food. I am not a fan of curry but I was guided by family members who had more experience with Indian Cuisine .......... I have been changed! I had the mixed grill and everything was excellent. They even had vegan solutions which satisfied our party. Okay David and Tammy - I will do Indian Cuisine again - I have been educated and changed!! I will tell people - go for it! The eggplant was spicy and delicious too!! A piece of nan - don't hesitate try it

Reviewed 27 July 2018

We entered the restaurant for lunch, really not expecting much, and were more than thrilled when we left. One of the specials was a Samosa Chat with arugula and the usual fixin's----it was one of the best things I've had in a long time. As fans of lamb saag, we tried the chicken version---finding the spinach to be so full of flavor and texture---not like a puree so often found. And, their Peshawar Naan was piping hot, full of cashews and pistachios.....such fresh, bright, crisp flavors were perfect on a hot summer day. Samir, our server, was delightful!

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

The restaurant was attractive and modern, and the food was unique and excellent. The service was great too.

Reviewed 20 July 2018 via mobile

Food was delicious, service was very good. The Palak Chaat was a tasty appetizer that looked like a much healthier, tastier nachos. We also had a Masala Dosa and the daily thali platter.