“They need to clean up their act” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline)

Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline)
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rensselaer
“They need to clean up their act”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

We stayed here on the first really hot day of the year. The a/c was not working in our room. The front desk clerk came to look at it, but had no solution. He said he could give us a $15 credit on the room. In addition, the hall, and our non smoking room, smelled strongly of cigarettes. The carpets and furniture needed cleaning or replacing. All in all, not what I've come to experience from a Holiday Inn Express.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Rompin_Rhino
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline), responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Dear Rompin_Rhino,

Thank you for staying with us. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Katie J
IHGCare
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Stayed here for one night while on business in Albany. The rooms are pretty basic BUT have everything you need for a decent nights sleep, at a very competitive price. My room was huge (king deluxe) and had a great view over Albany at night. Complimentary breakfast the next morning was a nice touch. Sure, it's not the most luxurious setting but its excellent value for money if you're looking for somewhere clean and 'easy' to lay your head. I'd stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a view over Albany
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank nz_rachel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2012

Stayed here on business a couple of weeks ago. Have stayed here many times each March. 1st review.

Checkin: I'm a Priority Platinum Member - check in took 2 minutes - didn't get the room requested (king bed - all rooms are non-smoke). I didn't get an upgrade either. They stuck me in a handicap room with a shower with no pressure. I trudged back down to front desk clerk and asked if there were any better rooms - he put me in a standard 2 double room. Incidentally, there was no "welcome treat (bottle water, snack) in either room.

Room: Since last time I was here they've replaced the tired old tube with flat screen HDTVs - don't know if this is throughout or just some of the rooms. Other than that, room was the same - clean, bed firm, bath clean, small but functional.

Gym: same old but functional equipment as last time.

There's no restaurant/bar on premises, but there's a sports bar sharing the side parking lot. Breakfast was your standard Express - hot scrambled eggs, toast, cereal, fruit, etc. The sports bar next door is open late and has typical bar food - I had a grilled chicken salad one night - it was okay. On the road the hotel faces there is a shopping center with fast food plus some chains. .

The second night, we were invaded by what appeared to be a high school team. They played ball and made a huge amount of noise in the hallway, playing ball, slamming themselves against doors including mine, and did things that one might expect unchaperoned high schoolers to do - nothing criminal - just rude and unruly for someone paying for a nice quiet hotel room who had a report (not this one) to write for work for tomorrow morning. I called front desk twice - they said they were going to look into it - but at that hour (9pm) the clerk was the only staff there and he couldn't leave his post. I put up with it for another hour, then decided since it wasn't getting any better to go down to the sports bar . Guess who was there? A bunch of the team's parents. Apparently I wasn't the only one complaining because when I returned there were two parents who moved armchairs into the corridor acting as hall monitors.

Check out was another fiasco as the team and parents were all congregating in the lobby - I mentioned the circus the previous night - the clerk apologised - "other than that, did I enjoy my stay?" What kind of a screwed up question was that? I just told her "NO, I did NOT enjoy my stay" and I found her scripted question totally demeaning and from now on I am going to find out if there is going to be a team staying there IF I stay there again. For the record: she didn't offer anything off my bill.
Conclusion: A hotel that doesn't control its guests behavior, doesn't value platinum priority members, and is lucky to get busloads of guests when it can

Room Tip: tell them if you do not want handicap fixtured rooms - ask if there is a sports team there during yo...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank regman2all
IHGCare, ihgcare at Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline), responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear Regman2all,

Thank you for taking the time to let us have your feedback via Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline). I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. I was disappointed to read that you had a poor service experience when you used the hotel & facilities available here and this is not the usual high standard of guest experience that we offer. We have addressed the maters with the respective departments in order to avoid these unnecessary issues in the future.
We appreciate the feedback that we receive from our guests & this is crucial for us to improve the products & services that we offer. Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare
Corning, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I've stayed at this property several times. It is very clean and not far from Downtown Albany. It has an excellent skyline view of Albany on a clear night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the front of the hotel. They have nice views of the Albany skyline. The rooms in...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark_Ryckman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

I stayed here while on business. The hotel was a standard Holiday inn Express. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly. The biggest perk to me was the fact that the property gives you access to the Planet Fitness about 1 mile down the road. Usually these properties and have two crappy treadmills, but the access to the gym a huge plus and was the reason I stayed.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank njtraveler811
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rensselaer
0.4 km away
Residence Inn Albany East Greenbush/Tech Valley
0.8 km away
Fairfield Inn Albany East Greenbush
0.9 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany-East Greenbush
6.0 km away
Comfort Inn And Suites - East Greenbush
Comfort Inn And Suites - East Gr...
#1 of 2 in Castleton On Hudson
4.7 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown
4.2 km away
Holiday Inn Express Albany - Downtown

Been to Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline)? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK