The Red Hook Country Inn
Residence Inn Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
US$ 175
Courtyard Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
US$ 153
US$ 142
Courtyard
Hampton Inn Kingston(Kingston)(Great Value!)
US$ 205
US$ 111
US$ 101
QualityInn
US$ 88
All reviewsbard collegehudson valleyfresh eggschef nabildutchess countybed and breakfastbreakfast was deliciouswonderful hostshome away from homequaint towntwo night stayrestaurants and shopscomfortfireplaceaccommodationsnyrefrigerator
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Both the owners and the town are very quaint and nice, but the property is very dated and dark. The rooms are dusty and feel extremely old. The room were broiling hot even though it was in the 30's outside. The "fresh flowers" are plastic. The lamp shades are covered in plastic. The whole place reminded me of my grandmother's house of the 1980's in a bad way. The Eggs Benedict that was served for breakfast was basically inedible. Stale muffins, eggs cooked through, half a slice of Canadian bacon between the two English muffins. The Hollandaise was made with mustard! The place is on a main road so there is traffic noise all night, though the bed was comfortable. I have stayed in other B&B's for significantly less and been much much more satisfied.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank boski21
Ladyflyer4, Owner at The Red Hook Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2012

The Red Hook Country Inn is a lovely 170 year old building in the heart of the downtown Village of Red Hook conveniently located along Broadway within minutes to everything interesting that you would wish to visit in the Hudson Valley.

We are happy that you found our village quaint as it is truly a charming place to live, dine, shop and play. Our rooms are all different in theme, mostly kept in a 'dated' style to ensure that a guest who wishes to be visiting an 'antique' house will experience just that...memories of Grandma! While we do place fresh flowers daily in all of our rooms, for accent in two of our rooms we do have silk roses and giant sunflowers in the bathrooms. Fortunately thebathroom facilities are not dated, just the period furnishings, floors (170 years), floors and ceilings. We paint the plaster walls and the original house doors annually and during our winter season we have just completed the process.
As far as the excessive heat, we are very excited to hear about this as we just completed a full insulation project in our attic that is proving to maintain the heat in the inn! We now can turn off the heat at night and our 2 year old, triple glaze windows are able to be opened and closed securely and safely. Also, each room has a working ceiling fan and we also have table fans should anyone require more than that.
The Eggs Benedict is a favorite of our guests and is not made with mustard but with the true ingredients of a chef..lemon juice and worcestershire. We are very careful to give our recipe to anyone who questions and as my husband, Chef Nabil, is a Saucier, his soups and sauces are extraordinarily original and delicious. Since breakfast on Sunday features Eggs Benedict, with fresh fruit, all of our guests also have the option of eggs any style, french toast, fresh oatmal, granola style cereals, oatmeals, yogurts, bacon, sausage, fresh toast, homemade jellies & jams, fruit juices and farm fresh milk for their coffee and tea. If a guest prefers something other for dietary issues such as gluten free (we always have a loaf of gluten free 'bread' on hand)or for some reason or another requests an different or additional breakfast, the option is always available with a smile.
Our housekeeping staff works diligently to ensure that your stay is positive with careful ironing of our linens, daily dusting and vacuuming and whatever else it takes to make your experience wonderful.
We hope you will come back to give us another try and sleep in another one of our very comfortable beds!

Reviewed 1 March 2012

I was delightfully surprised when my boyfriend took me here, and we had such a wonderful night! The meal had such incredible, unique flavors that I've never had before, and every bite was so savory and delicious!! The room was gorgeous with a nice fireplace, and it felt like you were a welcomed guest in someone's home, and it didn't have the feel like you get when you're simply at a hotel. The owners were so nice and they really have us looking forward to going back again!

• Stayed: February 2012

We are so happy that you were able to enjoy your Valentine's Day with us! We treat everyone as we would like to be treated so reviews such as yours lift our spirits to know that you enjoyed our hospitality!

Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed in room 2 and enjoyed our room with the sitting table for working on the computer but really liked having a couch to be able to sit on. Pat was incredible from the time I spoke with her on the phone to make the reservations but especially her willingness to work with us to find another room closer to New Paltz. (Nothing about the Red Hook Inn, my son changed his location at the last minute and Pat was gracious enough to work with us so we were not 45 minutes away from each other). She even called other people to find us a place in New Paltz, who provides that kind of service nowadays? Nabil served us a good egg, potato & sausage breakfast with homemade 'biscuits'. My only complaint is that we didn't get to enjoy ourselves because of our change of locations. We hope to come back some day to really be able to explore and experience the Red Hook area and all that it has to offer. The only reason we are giving the sleep a 3 rating is because we prefer a very firm bed and this bed was soft and less firm than we are used to.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

We are so glad we were able to help you relocate to be that much closer to your son during his 'last 90 days!'
We hope you will return to stay during your next visit to the beautiful Hudson Valley of NY!

Reviewed 16 December 2011

We went to upstate NY to get married and found this Bed and Breakfast here on Trip Advisor. To our surprise and delight this had to be one of the B & B's we have staye at in a very long time. Pat was warm, welcoming and accomidating. There was 3 other parties there, and she never missed a detail for anyone. I would highly recommend if you are planning a trip to Red Hook/Rhienbeck area to head to THE RED HOOK COUNTRY INN, for the nicest rooms, and best Inn Keeper. Thank you Pat for a wonderful weekend...We will be back soon!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Thanks so much for your kind comments! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 3 December 2011

My trip to Red Hook to visit my son at Bard was anxiety-ridden to begin with and we were both in poor spirits. I chose the Red Hook Inn because it was the closest place to Bard on my GPS. I knew from the moment I talked to Pat on the phone that this was a special place. On arriving, I knew that it was a great place. By the time I left I knew that it is a magical place. I have never had a better lodging experience. The charm of the Inn itself and of the town of Red Hook, the warm welcome and genuine sensitivity from Nabil and Pat, and the incomparable breakfast (fresh fruit, heavenly fresh and warm pumpkin donuts, fresh eggs and sausage and bread and potatoes, all served personally by a smiling and attentive Nabil) left us refreshed, renewed and reinvigorated. It was a truly remarkable experience!! Thank you, Pat and Nabil.

P.S. I stayed there again a couple of weeks later and it was just as good.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family