“Quaint taste of Hudson Valley”
Review of Greig Farm

Greig Farm
Ranked #2 of 19 things to do in Red Hook
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Farm has locals produce, local cheeses, local meat and a variety of locally made products. Great gourmet sandwiches and desserts. Farmers market every weekend. Farm is a great pick your own experience. Great place for kids. Two thumbs up!

Reviewed 19 September 2017

We selected this pick-your-own farm because it was open late. Not crowded. What a terrific choice. First time I've ever gone apple picking but I have picked other edibles previously. Welcoming. Clear instructions. Well labeled signs with type of apple and best weeks to pick for taste and ripeness. Can drive right up to orchards. The "PLUS" was we purchased a lot of apples, paid, and unfortunately forgot to put the apples in the car and drove away not realizing it until 11:00 p.m. when we arrived home over 100 miles away. I called the farm the next morning and before I even finished a sentence Mr. Greig said, "I know. You forgot the apples. I'll mail them to you," and he did! Thank you Mr. Greig.

Reviewed 21 June 2017

I recently visited The Greig Farm and thought it was a nice place to get your produce as fresh as can be. Plenty of people were there picking their strawberries and they all loved it. It was a nice experience for my first time strawberry picking.

Reviewed 16 November 2016

I've been picking berries (blueberries and long ago, raspberries) at Greig Farm for many years. The blueberry bushes are loaded in July and into August, and they are sooo easy to pick and delicious and healthy to eat! Have fun alone, with friends or with the kiddies!

See more reviews
Reviewed 18 October 2016

This is a great place to go pumpkin and apple picking out in the field or orchard. No kiddie rides, entrance fees, and their prices are reasonable. For the family who wants to walk in their field and pick without a carnival or produced farm market feel, this is it. As our kids grew up, we just wanted a place that was chill...We'd go to wonderland farm but this year they were closed so we tried Greig Farm and it was perfect. Not crowded mid October and small to Large pumpkins, with a couple varieties. We didn't find any HUGE pumpkins but it was a nice moment in the field picking from the vine..