“Good solid lunch”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 October 2017 via mobile

Stopped by for lunch before visiting the Pepsico sculpture park. Excellent grilled Reuben really hit the spot. Tuna sandwich was good as well. Friendly service in a historic pub atmosphere.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

Don't get fooled by how average this picture looks like these eggs Benedict are way above average...so good and such delicate hollandaise sauce with eggs cooked to perfection....!
What a treat!
However only downside: the brunch menu is very limited.
No pancakes and not even short stack
Service is ok nothing more nothing less..
Decor is as typical as an Irish tavern or Irish pub

Reviewed 11 September 2017

This was a restaurant/pub that I used to frequent during my college years back in the late 80's.. I've since moved to New Jersey. It brought back many memories when I decided to stop in for lunch with my wife after attending a funeral mass in nearby Greenwich, CT. I'm glad to see that it's still around. It's a beautiful old place with a rustic look. Lots of woodwork and charm. It hasn't been updated in many decades but I think that's the charm and appeal of this place.

They offer a large menu consisting of burgers, wraps, sandwiches, steaks, chicken, and daily specials. For an appetizer, we began with the Belgium hot pretzel. It was giant size, enough to share, and it came lathered in butter. Tasty and served hot! I had the mushroom burger with Swiss cheese and it came with fries. My wife ordered the turkey burger and she swapped out the fries for a side salad.

My burger was cooked to the way I requested it, medium well. It was an 8 oz burger made with fresh ground beef. It was easy to tell. The bun was a Kaiser roll with poppy seeds. The bun held up well and didn't break apart. I was very pleased with my burger. I was happy with my fries. They were lightly seasoned and the portion was just right. Not that greasy.

On the downside, we were equally unimpressed with the turkey burger. It was no doubt a frozen turkey burger and made from processed turkey and not fresh. The turkey burger came out without a bun and no cranberry mayonnaise on the side as the menu advertised. We checked with the waiter and he advised the kitchen messed up and believed the order was "no roll." We eventually got the roll and the mayonnaise. Like I said, frozen turkey burger. My wife was very pleased with her side Greek salad.

The service was good but we had some hiccups along the way. The prices might be on the higher end but if you order the right thing, you'll be very happy. The men's room needed some updating and the urinal wasn't flushing so they put a bucket of ice in the urinal. My wife said the ladies room floor was sticky and needed a cleaning. Again, needed some updating. There is a nice size private parking lot. I'm glad to see this place is still around. I still love this place and can't wait to go back again. Hopefully, it won't be 25 years.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We went to this little casual restaurant for a quick snack before a meeting and to our surprise it was very cozy and the food was very tasty. We ordered the Southwest Egg-rolls and some drinks. The food was promptly served and very fresh. The waiter was very attentive and when we walked in we were greeted. The restaurant was very clean along with our table. If you want some nice American style food, this place will not disappoint you.

Reviewed 28 July 2017

Met up and my brothers and an old friend for dinner at The Cobblestone. We hadn't been to the cobblestone as a group in maybe 30 years. While it still looks the same on the outside and inside has changed a bit. What hasn't changed was the food and service are still great. Three of us opted for the ribs. We saw someone else eating them and that was all the convincing we needed. One of our party was going for the healthier option and had a grilled chicken sandwich. I have to say the ribs were some of the best I have ever had. (So I guess you can tell I wasn't the healthy one in our group.)

The menu is varied, the bar fully stocked and the staff is very good at their job. If you are looking for a good place for lunch or after work or softball, this place is great. They even have a great brunch menu.

If you go once, you will be back. (Oh and try the ribs)

Be Well, Travel Light, Keep Happy.
DT64