“Great hotel for the price”

Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Poughkeepsie
Reviewed 24 October 2011

I stayed here for a wedding , and at $99/night on a summer weekend, I thought this was a fantastic deal. The pool area is nice, and the rooms are a nice size. The amenities are updated, including bathrooms.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
hiepoughkeepsie, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Poughkeepsie, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2012

Hello -
I'm glad that you were able to visit us - especially on such a happy occassion as a wedding! It is refreshing to cool off in the outdoor pool on a warm summer day - or just to even read a book under the tree. Glad you enjoyed it!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 18 October 2011

Needed a place to stay while I visited my Son who's a student at SUNY New Paltz,this hotel was about 15 miles or 20-25 minutes from the school. The commute beween the school was very easy. I was happy to find a Brand Name Hotel whithin a close distance, there aren't too many hotel in New Paltz. At $193 a night for a king sized, I thought it was a little on the high side but I was running out of time and Holiday Inn is usually nice.
The Hotel was OK, but a little "worn" it could use a little TLC. From the reviews and the price I was expecting more. The Hotel was clean and for that reason I would consider revisiting, but it looked like it's due for an update. It was October and the pool was obviously closed but i didn't find anything special about this place. The shower had missing caulking, there was mismatched wall paper and tiles. This is not the norm for most Holiday Inns.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank NYC613

Hello -
Thank you for your review. I really appreicate you taking your time and letting us know about some needed refreshing. I am passing your comments along so our management team can put into the plan for a refreshing of some of our areas. Definitely let me know the next time you're coming back to the area - i'd love to sit and talk to get some more perspective from you.

Thanks!

Reviewed 26 September 2011

We had a decent night's stay. The room was just fine--the shower was amazing. The biscuits at breakfast were excellent. My two complaints are that I heard noise from another room at around 1:30 a.m. and that the breakfast area uses way, way, way too much styrofoam and plastic. The hotel needs to be a little "greener."

Other than that, the hotel is quite nice. It's close to Vassar College, where we needed to be.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family

Hello -
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay while visitng Vassar College. It's nice that it's so close to the hotel. Thank you for mentioning the noisein the early morning hours - it's difficult to monitor when we don't know so I appreciate you telling us so we can keep an ear out. When you are with us again - if that occurs - please feel free to call the front desk so they can take care of it for you. Also I appreciate your comments regarding the styrofoam. At present, unfortunately, it is what is required, however I do believe the parent company IHG is looking into green alternatives which are environmentally friendly and cost efficient so we wouldn't have to pass the potential cost increase on to the guests. I, also, am looking forward to this.

Thank you so much.

Reviewed 23 September 2011

We always try to stay at Holiday Inn Express hotels wherever possible. In all cases we are quite satisfied, but this one in Poughkeepsie merits a four star rating compared to the others. Friendly service, very clean, standard breakfast, nicely appointed room and most of all a wonderful king-size bed. I wish I knew the name of the mattress because we need to replace a Simmons Beautyrest that is sagging after only five years of use. Did not experience any sciatica pain during those two nights at the hotel but it reappeared immediately during our first night at home.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Hello -
I am glad you had a great stay and a wonderful nights sleep. Our mattresses are Serta - Hotel Grade. They are extremely comfortable and definitely built to last! I'm not sure if they are available for the public for purchase but definitely contact a Serta dealer and see if they can help you out!

See you soon!

Reviewed 23 September 2011

The Holiday Inn Express was one of two hotels where rooms had been reserved for my 50th High School Reunion. It was the perfect location for all the activities planned for our weekend. The Hotle is situated on Rte. 9 (South Rd) and would very convenient for anyone visiting the Poughkieepsie, Hyde Park area. It was very clean, rooms are a decent size, hotel staff was terrific. The breakfast was more than adequate. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area.

Room Tip: we were on the 1st floor and never heard any noise from people in the hallway