“Excellent, Large, Sushi”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Great Restaurant hidden in a small plaza with great atmosphere and and overall all feeling..the staff were super friendly. The sushi was absolutely amazing with large portions so fresh and just amazing, one of the better establishments for sushi in the Poughkeepsie area!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Kobe Hibachi Sushi Asian Cuisine

Reviewed 17 September 2011

A friend found this and told us about it. It's nicely decorated, the staff are really nice, and the food is great. We've been back a couple time since. They have a great selection of different Asian foods, we've had the sushi and crispy orange beef with a couple of other apps. Everything has been good. They also had some good specials (hibachi buy 1 get 50% off second)

Reviewed 19 August 2011

Beautiful decor, great service, great food. Grilled Tuna sashimi appetizer with black pepper was delicious. First time here and will return. Location is deceiving.

Reviewed 10 July 2011

We celebrated my son's 16th birthday here. What a fantastic dinner and time we all had they gave us my sons entree and a little ice cream bannana dessert for free!!! Do not be thrown off by the location of this restaurant when you enter through the door it is beautiful. There is a beautiful water fountain with a turtle my 5 uear old named "kobe" lol. Great prices friendly atmosphere an all around 5 stars. We will definitely be back there. I have eaten at other hibachi restaurants and drank like a camel for the rest of the entire night. Here the food is great and not so salty. I am not thirsty like tje other places make you. 5 stars just for that!!! So I give them a score of 10 stars!!! Kobe is on the list of my top 3 favorite restaurants!!!

Reviewed 4 June 2011

We ate dinner here on 5-17. We wouldn’t have known about this restaurant except for the restaurant.com coupon. So glad we found this place - what a great surprise! The restaurant looks small and rather unassuming from the front. Once you walk the long hall, you enter a restaurant that is welcoming, sophisticated yet with enchanting decor. One room has tables and is flanked on one side with a long modern bar. The second room has tables for those who will be eating hibachi. From the beginning the service was appropriately attentive and friendly. The menu offers a wide range of tempting options – something for everyone. Yes, we started with a beer for my husband and a glass of pinot grigio for me – both reasonably priced (and the pinot was good!). We shared a hot appetizer of Thai chicken spiced lettuce wraps. Highly recommend. There were four, served beautifully and tasting even better. I ordered the sushi deluxe which was fresh and artistically presented. My husband ordered the orange beef that was also attractively served and of course tasted delicious. The small bite sized beef was tender and seasoned well. Our server was properly attentive and a recent graduate of the CIA. We will be back. The food and selection is outstanding, the atmosphere lovely and the staff professional. Great addition to Poughkeepsie. Note: we returned for a birthday dinner with some friends on 6-2. Again everything was terrific and two of us ordered the sashimi delux dinner. The best in a long, long time. Highly recommend.

2  Thank kbrew