“Good Mexican food”
Review of Coyote Flaco

Coyote Flaco
Ranked #162 of 301 Restaurants in Poughkeepsie
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 22
Description: A tradition that is never forgotten over 27 years in Spanish and Mexican cuisine. we use fresh ingredients and we have the best low in calories for our signature drinks
Reviewed 2 November 2017

This is a fairly new restaurant (about a year) near my friend's house. I read the previous reviews, which were mixed. We decided to give it a try and it was well worth it. The previous low scoring reviews dinged them on service. Well, that seems to have been corrected. We were seated promptly and our drink orders taken within 5 minutes. By the way, the house Margarita is quite good. A small chips and salsa soon followed. Lots of other Mexican restaurants serve big bowls of chips, but I find them too filling and appreciated the smaller portion. It was just right for 2. Our waiter was a very pleasant young man. He was knowledgeable about the items on the menu.
I ordered steak fajitas. They came sizzling and were accompanied with guacamole, cheese, rice, and sour cream. Unlike many other fajitas I have had, this was mostly steak and a moderate amount of onions, instead of mostly onions. The tortillas were fresh and tasty. Received 4 instead of the usual 3. My friend ordered shrimp tacos and she said they were delicious.
Would definitely recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

A nice little spot to grab some great margaritas,sangria,food on a date night ! Nice portions , well priced . Nice atmosphere to dawdle over a meal ...

Reviewed 18 January 2017

Very quiet comfortable atmosphere. Food was very good. Tamales as appetizer was delicious. We went for dinner and the servings were plenty. Apple Churros are to die for. Definitely will be eating there again.

Reviewed 12 November 2016

We went with 3 other couples on a Sunday afternoon and had a very good meal. The waitress was very attentive and the chef came out to check on our meals and see that we were satisfied. All of us had different items and were very satisfied with our meals. The bar drinks were made well and the atmosphere was nice. It's an old building that has been prior restaurants and they have done a nice job re-decorating.

Reviewed 24 October 2016 via mobile

We decided to try this place as our anniversary dinner. Boy was I surprised... I've heard some good things about this restaurant and I was so disappointed. Their menu didn't have a good selection. We wanted a quesadilla for an appetizer, they only had it as an entree. No burritos on the menu. The complimentary tortilla chips on the table are grocery store quality. They offered you a complimentary "salad bar", which is just lettuce and tomatoes set up on a vacant table in the room. The waitstaff was slow to non existent and one waitress was hiding in the corner on her phone. The whole experience was just very weird and bad. I don't give them 6 months if they don't get their act together.

1  Thank SentraGrlGXE