“Great experience would definitely come back”
Review of Essie's Restaurant

Essie's Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 307 Restaurants in Poughkeepsie
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

The design of the restaurant was unique and fit the size to create a nice atmosphere.

We were a group of five, in which the waitress was very accommodating for us. The waitress was knowledgable about the menu when asked specific questions and accommodated our team member who has celiac.

We were given bread to start, which was obviously fresh and tasted great.

We ordered the pork belly to share, which had an amazing flavour which we all loved.

For my entrée, I ordered the chicken dumpling, which tasted perfect. It beat my expectations and was definitely of CIA quality from this chef. The chicken fell off the bone and yet had a crispness that added flavour.

Enjoyed the entire meal prepared, will be recommending to my friends and will definitely be coming back.

1  Thank Chris W

Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Everything about Essie's spells success. You are greeted by the hostess as soon as walking in and given a member of the waitstaff that is knowledgeable and polite. The restaurant itself looks as if it was taken out of Brooklyn and placed strategically near the Walkway over the Hudson. Chef Brandon's food is a flavorful combination of local ingredients and his culinary experience. I loved the Hudson Valley Mule from the drink menu. We had the country cheddar corn muffins and grit croquettes as appetizers. Both were delicious with surprise bursts of flavors. Each of our meals were fabulous. The sweet corn soup was absolutely delicious. I will definitely be trying the flank steak on our next visit. Chef Brandon even snuck out of the kitchen to thank each table for visiting. Definitely a must visit in the beautiful and historic Hudson Valley.

1  Thank Jenny R
Reviewed 10 August 2016

Located in Poughkeepsie's "Little Italy" section - small and inviting. Very creative menu - fun, tasty and good service.

1  Thank Maggie G
Reviewed 4 August 2016

Five of us had dinner for the first time at Essie's, a new restaurant in downtown Poughkeepsie, four of whom are real foodies, and two of whom are vegetarians (who do eat seafood) and we all absolutely loved our meals, from the starters through dessert. Each dish was wonderfully prepared, fresh and flavorful. It's a small, carefully crafted menu and a smallish place, reservations are required. I am thrilled it is here!

2  Thank KRH2016
Reviewed 1 July 2016

This is a gem of a restaurant in Poughkeepsie just below the walkway over the hudson. The menu is small but the quality is big. Great complex flavors in the flat iron steak and chicken and dumplings as well as the mussels and clams. I never order octopus as I'm always disappointed due to it's toughness. But this was like "buttah". The chef Brandon made the rounds to all the tables and was very patient with all of our questions.

3  Thank robin512