Review Highlights
Sommerrodelbahn

We finally found the Sommerrodelbahn in Bad Kholgrub it looks like a ski resort chair lift most... read more

Reviewed 6 June 2017
chickandbeast
Durham, Canada
Good value and fun

Two adults and two young adults visited July 2018. We have done a lot of these over the years, the... read more

Reviewed 16 July 2018
Katie P
Leeds, United Kingdom

All reviews brake ride scary fun euros
Reviewed 6 May 2016 via mobile

Get a half of a (sunny) day and have a few rides! It is fun, a great experience for kids (the little ones can ride with an adult), a good group fun and for the teen / young dads... just push the speeder to the max and have a speedride. :) I had some conerns about the the slide, the speed and safety but it is all settled up right, you can control the sliding, even stop or slow down to min. if ride with kids.
Definitly a good alternative fun, if you have not tried a mountan slide so far, now is the time. The prices are like at skiing, 15 euro for 6 rides, 12 for kids under 16 years.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed 3 October 2015 via mobile

No lines in September. Close to Oberammergau. Site includes a restaurant. The operator was friendly. Went for three rides. Its a great time. I think the maximum weight was listed at 275 lbs.

Date of experience: September 2015
1  Thank James N
Reviewed 29 September 2015

My wife and I decided to ride the Sommerrodelbahn during our stay in Oberammergau. It is located just a few minutes drive north on the main road. When we first arrived we saw a lot of children with their parents and thought that maybe this was a kiddy ride, but not at all - it is a lot of fun.

We purchased a 6-ride card for I think 15 Euros that enabled both of us to ride three times. Operation is simple, there is a handle on each side of the cart. Push forward to go fast and pull back to slow down. The tow to the start of the ride probably takes longer than the ride itself, but the ride is exciting. On the way down at two points I saw signs in German indicating to brake. When I asked my wife if she had seen the signs she said "what signs, I didn't know you were supposed to brake?" If you are in the area with children it is an activity they will enjoy, but even we thought it was great.

Date of experience: September 2015
1  Thank Coldbrew
Reviewed 5 June 2015

The Rodelbahn in itself is quite fun. Not too expensive. Fast. Quite the the adrenaline rush.

Then we get to the bottom. The owner/operator yelled at us to get off the micro second we got to the bottom. I said, "Yes, yes we're getting off." He come over an starts yelling at me in front of my daughter that our weight is bad for the conveyor belt the bahn is sitting on and that it costs a ton of money. I tried explaining to him that, after the adrenaline rush, the riders need a half a second to catch their breath, that I have my daughter on my lap and that I need a second to catch my breath and get my bearings." Him, "Well, that's certainly the first time ever and you can follow instructions if I give them to you!!!"

Unbelievable! I'm posting a photo of the conveyer belt. You'd imagine that the guest would have until the orange tassels to get off! NO WAY! That would destroy the precious rubber bands of the conveyor belt. No! Be prepared to jump your behind out of the car the millisecond it come careening in at full speed!

Date of experience: June 2015
2  Thank Moodytrans
Reviewed 21 October 2014

We'd recommend this to anyone. We really enjoyed our one ride down the Sommerrodelbahn. It was inexpensive and we didn't brake at all on the way down. A great thrill even for middle aged people like us.

Date of experience: October 2014