“Loved it”

Erlebnisberg Steckenberg
Reviewed 3 October 2015 via mobile

No lines in September. Close to Oberammergau. Site includes a restaurant. The operator was friendly. Went for three rides. Its a great time. I think the maximum weight was listed at 275 lbs.

1  Thank James N

Reviewed 29 September 2015

My wife and I decided to ride the Sommerrodelbahn during our stay in Oberammergau. It is located just a few minutes drive north on the main road. When we first arrived we saw a lot of children with their parents and thought that maybe this was a kiddy ride, but not at all - it is a lot of fun.

We purchased a 6-ride card for I think 15 Euros that enabled both of us to ride three times. Operation is simple, there is a handle on each side of the cart. Push forward to go fast and pull back to slow down. The tow to the start of the ride probably takes longer than the ride itself, but the ride is exciting. On the way down at two points I saw signs in German indicating to brake. When I asked my wife if she had seen the signs she said "what signs, I didn't know you were supposed to brake?" If you are in the area with children it is an activity they will enjoy, but even we thought it was great.

1  Thank Coldbrew
Reviewed 5 June 2015

The Rodelbahn in itself is quite fun. Not too expensive. Fast. Quite the the adrenaline rush.

Then we get to the bottom. The owner/operator yelled at us to get off the micro second we got to the bottom. I said, "Yes, yes we're getting off." He come over an starts yelling at me in front of my daughter that our weight is bad for the conveyor belt the bahn is sitting on and that it costs a ton of money. I tried explaining to him that, after the adrenaline rush, the riders need a half a second to catch their breath, that I have my daughter on my lap and that I need a second to catch my breath and get my bearings." Him, "Well, that's certainly the first time ever and you can follow instructions if I give them to you!!!"

Unbelievable! I'm posting a photo of the conveyer belt. You'd imagine that the guest would have until the orange tassels to get off! NO WAY! That would destroy the precious rubber bands of the conveyor belt. No! Be prepared to jump your behind out of the car the millisecond it come careening in at full speed!

2  Thank Moodytrans
Reviewed 21 October 2014

We'd recommend this to anyone. We really enjoyed our one ride down the Sommerrodelbahn. It was inexpensive and we didn't brake at all on the way down. A great thrill even for middle aged people like us.

1  Thank Macham17