“Good price for a nice place to crash for a night”

Holiday Inn Plattsburgh
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Plattsburgh
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 31 October 2017

I found myself in need of a last minute place to stay driving through. I booked via expedia app only a short time before arrival - got a good deal and even though I had just booked, it was all set up with the front desk when I got there. Staff was pleasant and helpful and fast. Room was very clean, I found the bed/pillows/etc. to be comfortable. The TV worked, the wifi signal was strong - about all I needed.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
hiplbny, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Your positive words about our hotel and service are highly appreciated. Thank you for sharing them with us. It will motivate us to optimize our focus to ensure memorable moments and personal service are standard in our hotel. All the best, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 September 2017 via mobile

If you are going to Plattsburgh ny don't stay at holiday inn it's a nightmare was there for about four weeks and they moved us four different rooms the first morning wad before 7am and we are spire elite members gave us the grabby rooms we were supposed to get the nicer rooms like we had the first night but the manager made us go to different rooms the manger Sam is not nice the only thing they have going for them is the lady Ellen that works at the front desk and the house keepers and the guys that does the handy work but if want a night mare trip stay if something goes wrong that won't if tell you that are sorry the manager won't and we had four rooms

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
hiplbny, General Manager at Holiday Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I apologize that you did not receive the same type of service during your entire stay. Our goal is to provide a clean, comfortable room and the best service in the south. I would love the opportunity to speak with you further. We did inform you that due to Suny University moving weekend and labor day weekend we are booked for room type you have and we will accommodate you but need to change the room type and we were agree on that. Please give me a call at 518-561-5000.
Thanks. G.M.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Location is great but for hotel is a little over priced has it is getting old and needs to be updated! Stayed here a few times where some rooms air conditioners are better than othersz

Pool is nice and fitness center is pretty good.

They have free breakfast which is ok.

They do have a bar which is convenient.

Needs a make over!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
hiplbny, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2017

Dear Guest, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I would like to sincerely apologize in regards to the experience you had while staying at our property. As previously mentioned, we will be undergoing an extensive renovation beginning in a next year which will correct many of the concerns you had in regards to the appearance of the property.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

We arrived very early 1:00am, after a 7 hour drive, exhausted and ready for a bed. I had to wait at the counter for a few minutes till someone came. The girl at the check in felt it necessary to go over all of the things the hotel had to offer as if I cared. I asked to be pointed to a room. She was not very cordial or helpful. The room was fine, bed not that comfy, but at that hour we would have slept on a lounge chair. The shower was awful. There was no where to put your toiletries and the head itself trickled down like a slow drip. The breakfast was meh. Will never stay here again if I can help it. Was here For SUNY move in, and didn't book in time for my favorite.

Stayed: August 2017
hiplbny, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

I am so sorry to hear about the problems you encountered during your stay with us. I appreciate you bringing this matter to my attention and I would really like an opportunity to discuss your experience further. Please feel free to reach out to me at 518-561-5000 ext 182.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

This Holiday inn is very nice and clean . This location is excellent , the hotel is centrally located by lots of eateries and across the street from a super Walmart . The Desk agent was courteous and polite, check in was very easy The food selection wasn't that great

Stayed: August 2017
hiplbny, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Plattsburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Plattsburgh Holiday Inn. It is always a pleasure to receive feedback. Please be assured that your comments will be shared with the team as an avenue for improvements. We sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future so that we can provide you with a more pleasant experience. Thanks.