See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 August 2017

We stayed there for the price but it was a mistake.
1. Manager refused to print a receipt
2. Refrigerator barely works
3. Microwave (also) barely works.
4. Unclean room and bathroom.
5. WiFi didn't work AT ALL.
6. TV works great.
Recommendation: Spend 30 more and stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2017

I was tired and needed a place to stay. My room was tiny. Trust me when I say that. Not a place I recommend to a family. I was buy myself and the price was expensive. After I was booked in a police vehicle came to interview a few women... air conditioner was working and loud. Wifi excellent. Car park lighting was good. Bring earplugs when traveling. Also couldn't close the door blinds and the room was very bright. For me it was ok, restaurant was next door...
room security was excellent door locked well and you can park your car in front of your door. No pool. No breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2017

We felt this place was GREAT especially for the price!! The rooms have been remodeled, a little small but clean, cute and cozy. The staff was wonderful!!! We even came back after our flight was delayed in Burlington, so they life savers for holding a room until we got there. There weren't any rooms in Burlington or car rentals so we were in a bad jam. There's a gas station, dinner and beach bar all within walking distance!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2016

We could not find a room anywhere in Plattsburgh. All booked. Gas station attendant told us about the Rip Van Winkle Hotel. We were exhausted and had no other choices. We got the deluxe room! Kitchen counter and sink, covered with cigarette burns as were the carpet and the mattress. Horrible!! We were charged $100.00 for the night. If we weren't so tired we never would have stayed.
The next morning we couldn't wait to leave. Told the desk clerk that they should use our hundred dollars to buy a new carpet or mattress. Just deplorable! Worst place I have ever stayed.

Room Tip: There were none.
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Liz M
Reviewed 20 September 2015

This was my second stay with my girlfriend after one year and it was good, regarding Price it has increased compared to the last year since we had kitchen unit for the same Price we paid this last time for an average room, i dont know if it is related to the season. All was well organized and clean but i would suggest them to have better pillows.
We had room 101 and Wifi signal was not strong enough in our room so each time we needed it we had to get out of the room to be able to get connected, this was the same problem of the last year and they still have not solved it.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple