All reviewsfront desklong islandno natural lightbathroom areahotel barconvenient locationbreakfast buffetmicrowave and fridgeone night staybed was comfortableoutdoor pooloff the highwayfamily weddingfitness centerliehallhvac
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Room at back of property. Property is a bit old from outside. Room itself was well decorated. Breakfast was good quality. Just off the highway. Traffic was worrisome when getting out in morning but wasn't as bad as expected getting on.

Room Tip: Lobby is nice, rooms are okay.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
stimsah, Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Plainview!
We appreciate your feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay!
We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

An updated property that we were pleased with. Some negative reviews mention no windows to the outside, which didn't bother us for our one night stay. They also mention paper-thin walls, but we didn't think so. The room was clean and comfortable. Very close and convenient to the Long Island Expressway, but we didn't notice any traffic noise. The only things we noticed were that the lobby was open-concept and noisy and the elevators are small. We ate breakfast at the hotel the next morning, and I was stunned to find their scrumptious pancakes were so very much like my wonderful maternal grandmother's distinctive recipe that she wheedled out of the chef at a well-known, high-class Indiana hotel decades ago. One bite and I was back in my grandma's kitchen enjoying pancakes with her. It was such a welcome surprise!

Room Tip: Quiet, except for the lobby.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi JustaHoosier,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Plainview!
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed our pancakes!
we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Friendly staff, clean and comfortable!!! Sleeping was awesome with soft sheets and a dark, quiet room! Brightly lit bathroom area was great for putting on makeup. We were in town for a family wedding and everyone enjoyed the hotel!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
stimsah, Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Plainview!
We appreciate your kind feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay!
We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

Very helpful and friendly staff...especially Danny at the front desk...he is always willing to help and is very professional. Plenty of parking and very clean rooms. I would recommend to anyone staying in the long island area.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
stimsah, Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Plainview!
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback and are glad you enjoyed everything! We take pride in our great customer service and are pleased the Danny was able to always help you out!
We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

Our room was just fine, clean, comfortable and roomy The lighting over the bathroom sink was completely inadequate for a woman trying to apply makeup. I could not figure out if there was a missing bulb because you could not remove the light cover without a screwdriver. The main issue was our group was promised that breakfast would be included in our room rate and then it was NOT. The room was not cheep $149.99 plus tax of $34.88.. Breakfast was $16.99 per person.. Then there was Happy Hour where certain appetisers were 1/2 price. We were 5 min late in placing our order (waitress was busy) so we did not receive 1/2 off. Waitress was alone and was running the whole time. Then I asked the front desk for a map of the area that we were in.....like perhaps a 4-6 block area or more. The gentleman who I addressed said he did not remember seeing one in a long time. He finally found a Long Island magazine that had an insert of a map of all of Long Island. I had never been to this area before and I wanted to know what stores, restaurants, anything was nearby. I found this response very disappointing. Lastly, I was told that there was coffee in the lobby that I missed the first morning. I ended up paying 2.95 for 1 small cup of coffee because the waiter did not refill it. The dinning room was NOT crowded at all. The second morning I could not located the lobby coffee because it was hidden inside the restaurant, around a corner so that it absolutely could not be seen from the lobby. This was not a nice way to welcome guests. I just tried to write something under "optional" and this form would not let me. We were here for a family reunion of cousins from all over the country. We had a "tour Day" on Friday and the reunion was held in a church in Oyster Bay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Hi MarilynBisgrove,

Thank you for your candid review, highlighting not only the bad but also the good points of your stay. We're glad to hear you found your room clean and comfortable. However, I am very sorry to hear we fell short of your expectations on some aspects of your stay. We strive to leave our guests with a positive lasting impression and can see that we have fallen short of our goal. Your feedback will be shared with our management teams so we may work towards improving the areas that you have noted.

Connie D