All reviewsfront desklong islandno natural lightbathroom areahotel barconvenient locationbreakfast buffetmicrowave and fridgeone night staybed was comfortableoutdoor pooloff the highwayfamily weddingfitness centerliehallhvac
Reviewed 25 July 2017

Members of our High School relied on this Holiday Inn for those of us from out of state. Excellent choice. Service was excellent. Kudos to the Reservation division who offered a great rate to me even though this was a last-minute registration decision. Thank you!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
stimsah, Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Hi Jimswife,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Plainview!
We appreciate your kind feedback and I'm glad you were able to enjoy yourself and your reunion.
We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Most of the time, I don't really care about the lobby or public areas of a hotel; it's my room that matters. Here, though, I was struck by the airy, modern decor. I noticed they'd received an award from Holiday Inn for their refurbishment in 2012. It extended throughout the hotel, to the hallways (which are between the rooms and exterior windows, and to the rooms themselves. which had new furnishings and carpets.

I didn't like the fact the room had no exterior windows. Frosted glass was the center panel of the window on onto the hallway, while clear class made up the other panels. Curtains, of course, provide privacy. The closet is in the bathroom, something I cannot ever recall seeing before. Bed was softer than I like. The pillow cases were labeled soft and firm. Nice chair with ottoman for sitting, reading. Bedside lamps have sockets for charging devices. Good, bright, modern lighting: far superior to what one customarily finds.

Front desk was friendly - real friendly, not fake, professional friendly, and efficient. One block off the LIE, with not much else in visibility of the hotel other than some small office complexes. Our room came with breakfast; the people in front of me at check in did not have that included, and I thought $16.95 for their buffet offerings was overpriced. The coffee was weak. There's an in-room Keurig with brand X inferior coffee as well, and microwave and fridge (which froze my water!).

Room Tip: Only two floors.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Hi NossonMeir,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Plainview and taking the time to leave us feedback! Im glad you were able to enjoy our newly renovated lobby along with our staff!

We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 1 July 2017

After staying here for a two night stay after a family wedding, the morning of June 26 2017, we went to have breakfast at their restaurant and went to the Buffett. We were 3 people. Two of us got their pricy $16 per person buffett along with some tea although they had a very limited selection. The other person, my elderly father, got some tea and wasn't that hungry but we gave him a small taste of food from our plate so he could try it. The attendant, about 15 minutes after, said they were cleaning up their so called "all you can eat" buffett very shortly, and were rushing us to finish up. When it came time to pay the bill they wanted to charge us for 3 buffets and the attendant attempted to argue in an aggressive tone with my 80 year old father, that even though he didn't take anything from the buffett, because he had a taste of food from my plate, he would have to pay for the full buffett and that he was "watching" my father. It was a totally unnecessary and ridiculous confrontation that ruined our stay and upset my father. I hope they tell their staff to treat customers with more respect.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2017

Hello John B,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience. It is very unfortunate that the level of service you received at breakfast was unacceptable. On behalf of the hotel, please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 20 June 2017

As we were traveling a great distance from home, we booked several room in 3 locations with this chain. The Plainview location was easy to find but the building was older, HVAC was very noisy all night long, beds were soft and pillows even softer, Many of the rear entrance card readers where our parking was did not work. Maid made bed and changed linen one of 3 days but left dirty dishes in room. There is a dining room but breakfast is not included. Breakfast buffet and a la carte choices available but pricey. Only an outdoor pool.Would not stay at this location again. Many other choices in the area.

Room Tip: Second floor in back half way between elevator and highway
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
stimsah, Manager at Holiday Inn Plainview - Long Island, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2017

Hi Marlene,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Plainview.
We appreciate the feedback about your stay and want to apologize for the inconvenience you had faced. Our beds are accompanied with two labeled pillow choices of soft and firm to adhere to different comfort styles. If key cards are ever a problem, please contact the front desk and they will be more than happy to bring you over a new key. In the event of any issues please contact the front desk immediately and we will resolve the issue in a timely manor to ensure an enjoyable stay.
Thank you and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 June 2017

I returned to this hotel for the first time in three years and had just as enjoyable of an experience as I did the first time. The entire staff, from the front desk folks, the bartenders, housekeepers and everyone else were beyond friendly. Really made me feel welcome. My room was clean, comfortable and had plenty space. And the bed was terrific. I had the best night sleep I'd had in months while staying there.

The hotel bar was open until 1 am on the Saturday I was there, which was a nice option to have after meeting up with some friends for dinner. It was a very comfortable spot to unwind and watch a ballgame after a long day of driving.

I was looking forward to returning here and I'm glad things have not changed much in the last three years. I definitely will look forward to staying here again in the near future.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo

Hi BlueGold75,

Thank you for staying with us at the Holiday Inn Plainview!
We appreciate your kind feedback and are glad you were able to come back and enjoy everything about your stay. We are happy to hear you were able to unwind at our bar, we try to make it seem like home as much as we can!
We look forward to seeing you again in the future.