“Wonderfully creative food, excellent service and ambiance”

Pier 701 Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Pier 701 Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 23 Restaurants in Piermont
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 25
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Pier 701 Restaurant and Bar is located in the heart of Piermont New York. It is a modern Mediterranean inspired waterfront restaurant with a beautiful panoramic view of the Hudson Valley. We are Rockland County's largest selection of seafood, with the best views in town. Our boat dock is conveniently located across from our famous outdoor Tiki Bar. Pier 701 is your premier destination for our seasonal al fresco dining. Piermont Banquet Hall With seating for 300 people, its no wonder Pier 701 is your go-to destination for on the water dining. Our dining rooms are available for wedding ceremonies and receptions, corporate meetings, rehearsal dinners, baby/bridal showers, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Cocktail Parties,etc. We also cater to private intimate affairs, on our Pier 701 Beach or in one of our finely appointed dining rooms. Piermont Live Music and Entertainment Our Concert Series Features an All Inclusive Gourmet Dinner with live performances.
Reviewed 22 January 2018

We used a Groupon coupon to experience this restaurant by the river. Being the winter season, we were not able to enjoy the outdoor dining. As for the indoors, the room is just the right size with a fireplace to add to the charm. The coupon made the food prices more affordable for my husband and I. It was a special treat to dine together, just the two of us, and we thoroughly took advantage of the coupon rate and the additional fees we paid in order to enjoy the oyster appetizer, our meals of steak for him and seafood for me, drinks and dessert. I can't remember the name of the dish I had but if you celebrate the Italian 7 fishes Christmas Eve meal, it was that all in one plate. Absolutely yummy. I enjoyed it twice as I brought home the fettucine I could not find room in my stomach to eat in the restaurant for another meal at home. And my husband's meat, one of the specials, was cooked perfectly. The apple dessert was a creative delight, too. We are hoping to be able to purchase another coupon in order to afford another experience like this one in the summer time.

Reviewed 2 January 2018

We spent the 2017-2018 New Years Eve at this lovely and charming Riverside Restaurant and loved every minute of it.. with full views of the new Tapan-Zee Bridge and the Hudson Fireworks display we had a lovely dinner with a prix-fixe menu and a midnight champagne toast. Given the freezing temps we didn't venture outside for longer than a few minutes, but in the summer months the outside sitting is fantastic, with a Tiki-bar and there is even a little "beachside" lively and totally worth the visit.

Reviewed 18 December 2017

We went early so place was empty. Service was good and food was also music and lighting could have both been lower. Candles were in all tables but none were lit. Only six diners in restaurant yet chef sent a rare steak out well done. I think the view is what makes them great in the warmer months. Maybe they dint try as hard in the cold weather!

Reviewed 19 November 2017

I'm with several of the reviewers here who found this place average at best. We walked in, no receptionist or maitre d' to greet us, had to find somebody. Unattended coat rack near the door. Waiters who wanted to take our drink order before we even got settled or a menu, and pushed more on us before we finished the first round. Supposedly there's a view, but as it was cold and the outside was tented, we couldn't see it. Although only one or two people of all those seated at five tables were under 50, the music playing over the sound system was relentlessly insipid hipster drivel. Food was adequate, about the best I can say for it. Plus we had a Groupon, which strangely enough allows for appetizers priced only up to $15, and of course the ones we wanted cost more. Flyers around the restaurant were advertising various events like trivia night, open mic and rock bands. Pretty sure I wouldn't want to be present for any of those. Not much else to say about it.

1  Thank JogNy
Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Lucky to have good weather to enjoy waterfront dining. Just beautiful. Service and food are definitely worth coming back for. A nice place for a romantic dinner or good times with friends!