All reviews scones woodland room mackintosh room my husband and i finger lakes wonderful hosts engaging conversation b bs fresh fruit first morning restaurant suggestions great night's sleep own private balcony dietary restrictions stayed nights quiche other guests
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Our stay at La Belle Vie was superb!
We feel like we just left family....who
packed us up with homemade goodies for our trip home. We want to have breakfast with Laurel and Llewellyn every morning....not only for Laurel’s phenomenal breakfasts but for the great conversations that ensued! We can’t wait to return

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2018

My wife and I treat one another to surprise weekend excursions each year on our birthdays. I could not have been happier as we discovered La Belle Vie together. I consider myself somewhat a connoisseur of B&B's as I have stayed at countless country inns over the years. This one ranks among very best in all categories. Lauren and Llewellyn were the most accommodating of hosts and gave not only of their culinary expertise but of their time, as well. Their company and engaging conversation enhanced the experience as we learned fascinating facts about the surrounding area. A must visit!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

My husband surprised me with an impromptu getaway
And what a wonderful surprise it was.
La Belle Vie, Is this beautiful quaint little bed and breakfast just a short walk from the town.
The place is warm and inviting with unique and charming decor in every room.
We stayed in the 'Ridley room'
Our room was clean and wonderfully cozy and inviting. A little balcony right off our room was quite romantic.
The refrigerator stocked with water bottles and the extra blankets and pillows in the closet were greatly appreciated.
The hosts Laurel and Llweleynn were so sweet and accommodating.
They were very friendly and easy to talk to... we shared great wine and even better conversation.
Llewellyn brewed some GOOOD coffee and Laurels breakfasts were delicious AND healthy. I must get the recipe for her lemon ginger scones!
Laurel was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about Penn Yans history and it's local attractions
And she recommended some great wineries to visit.
Going home was bittersweet.
We felt as though we were leaving dear friends.
"You can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave"

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2017

Lovely home in a great location a short walk from downtown. Laurel and Llewellyn are very helpful for ideas and trip planning and directed us to a wonderful antique mall. We will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2017

We returned to Penn Yan to spend several days with Laurel and Llewellyn at La Belle Vie the first week of October 2017. We enjoy visiting each October; this is the fourth time we have stayed at La Belle Vie, and we have our reservations for next October. As you might imagine, we really enjoy the conversation, great breakfasts, and tips on what to do and where to go with Laurel and Llewelyn. We highly recommend this B and B.

Room Tip: We like the Woodland Room.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo