“Very nice Pub and dinner.”

The Quiet Man Public House
Ranked #16 of 85 Restaurants in Peekskill
Price range: US$ 30 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed 15 October 2018 via mobile

Deciding to eat local in Peekskill before a show at the Paramount Hudson we decided upon The Quiet Man because of it's Irish influence. We were greeted and seated within a few minutes on a Sunday evening in a well packed dining room. Gazing around at other people's dinners and looking at a menu filled with wonderful choices I decided on Fish n chips (default Irish fare) and my wife a Mad Mac Burger. For me that was a burger anyone who has been drinking heavy and needed a quick 3 course meal in a bun and quickly it was a perfect choice. To start they put out some incredibly tasty moist Irish Soda bread almost biscuit like in texture. 5 stars for those. Then a Caeser salad we both agreed was incredibly tasty. Homemade dressing for sure. 5 stars. The Mad burger came back a little over cooked and dry as we're the ingredients on it but it was tasty. 3 stars. The Fish and chips we're quite cook but just a tad bland. 4 stars. Fries and coleslaw excellent. Service was very good. Young busing staff. Interesting to watch. So overall 4+ stars and yes I will be back to try a few more dishes. If you could add a lamb stew to the specials that'd be awesome folks!

Reviewed 15 October 2018

The colcannon was delicious and reminded me of the bubble&squeak my mum used to make when i was a kid!

Great atmosphere, food, and service.

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

This is my favorite restaurant in Peekskill right now! A legit Irish style pub in a convenient location. I have yet to find something I didn't like! I highly recommend the fish & chips as they are exactly what you'd expect in a pub. Ambiance is cute and cozy and they even have outdoor seating in the back. It's always a good sign when native Irish are hanging around the bar. I will warn it does get a little crowded for dinner, especially if there is a decent show at the Paramount.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Went into Peekskill for PHS reunion on 10/5. Went into the bar section- first spoke to blond barmaid- she took order and proceeded to totally ignore me. Then asked second chick working, no service again.

Asked younger darker skinned (dark hair) and she "forgot" as well. I took for granted they were overworked because of the crowds. Then I say to the younger woman, "Hey! Wine". She pours into a really small plastic cup- maybe about 4oz.

I ask "How Much?". She tells me "$6.50". I give her a $20, she rings it up as $7 and attempts to give me $13 change.

I immediately asked- her rationale went something like "When it is over 50 cents, we round it up, the house keeps it". I was like "Wait, WHAT??" I wasn't intending to leave a tip anyway since it was so much work to spend my $6.50, but then their behavior totally negated even the sale. I told the young lady "Take this back and give me back my $20". She speaks to the blond (???manager) who grabs a single from her and slams it down in front of me. I replied "I don't know what you are doing, but I do not want this, please give me my $20 bill back". She grabs the $20 from the register and slams it down on the bar.

I took my $20, walked out and into Rueben's and bought a $6.00 full glass of wine and gave the professional barmaid a $1 tip.

So, I grew up in Peekskill, have friends that frequently go there (as I do with my husband) to shows at the Paramount. Will never step foot into The Quiet Man again and will relay this story to anyone I can and encourage them to spend their money where it is honest.

Leaves such a bad taste........

Reviewed 5 October 2018 via mobile

Service was Alittle slow. 3 dinners took 20 minutes BUT! The food was delicious so we didn’t mind. The French onion soup was amazing and there’s a bar out back that looked like fun on a Friday night! I gotta go back!