“Peaceful and lovely”

Panama Rocks Scenic Park
Ranked #1 of 1 things to do in Panama
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Explore a half-mile long ridge of 60-foot high rock forming crevices, passageways, and caves hidden in an ancient forest! Located just 15 minutes from Chautauqua Lake, Panama Rocks is one of the top-rated attractions in Chautauqua County based on independent reviews on TripAdvisor. The Panama Rocks formations are surrounded by a one mile long hiking trail, but most guests enjoy going off of the main trail to explore! Visitors spend anywhere from one hour to the entire day having fun and exploring the park. Picnic tables are available. The trail is relatively easy to hike (Class 1) and guests of all ages enjoy it, but there are roots, rocks, and uneven ground; it is still a hiking trail! Plan your trip to explore one of the most fun and popular "things to do" in Western New York today!
Reviewed 3 April 2012

This is a tiny piece of heaven. You can't help to feel the presence of the Indians that might have inhabited this place centuries ago.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

connciting with nature is give you a new out look on life with all its beauty and life

Reviewed 29 November 2011

Panama Rocks is a wonderful private park located in Panama NY. My wife and I were driving back from a wedding in Warren, PA with our three children going crazy in the back of the car. We needed to get out of the car, ASAP but being lost didn't allow us to do that.

On my phone I received a cryptic update from google+ about a place nearby called "Panama Rocks - The kids will love it". Curious, I got directions.

We pulled into the the nondescript parking lot and my wife asked “What is this place? Why are we here?” I answered honestly “All I know is ‘the kids will love it’.”

We hiked the trails, crawled the caves and then cooled off with an ice cream followed by lunch at the restaurant. Priorities you know. It was another 90 or so minutes until my wife and I could pull the kids off the swings.

Panama Rocks is awesome.

1  Thank Phil V
Reviewed 6 November 2011

This is a beautiful park, unlike anything I've seen elsewhere. It's very easy to hike around, whether you just want a peaceful walk, or a climbing and caving adventure. There is food for sale, and Lake Chatauqua is a short drive away for some good restaurants. Bring a camera and good walking shoes!

Reviewed 3 November 2011

Panama Rocks is like a big natural playground! The folks that run everything couldnt be nicer. We went in on a hot august afternoon and had a great time climbing in and out of caverns. We had a particularly good time finding cool spots in the formations where we could refresh before getting back out into the forest! Bring a camera and shoes with good treads. You know it wont take long before you revert back to a carefree kid and scramble up rocks like a mountain goat!

Thanks Panama Rocks!! We had a great time!