“Excellent value for Money”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ozone Park
Comfort Inn & Suites Ozone Park
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Ozone Park
San Francisco, California
“Excellent value for Money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

Nice comfortable hotel with all the advantages I was looking for:

1. Proximity to Subway (0.6 miles approx - takes 10 mins by walking at max)
2. Airport Shuttle - runs every hour (to and fro). Nice courteous driver.
3. Great Breakfast Buffet - you need to be full before starting your NY city tour.

Location is mostly residential, not very posh - may be normal at NY terms. Walking at dark may not be a wise decision.

Food: Ordered a late night dinner from a nearby Indian Restaurant (delivers 24*7!) via phone, as suggested by the front desk. Thoroughly enjoyed the prompt delivery and the good food.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PradiptaKDutta
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Waterloo, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2012

Stay: May 21, 2012
Party: 1
Reason for stay: Flight cancellation at JFK

I had to stay here earlier this week after Delta cancelled my flight back to Buffalo Monday evening. I'm Canadian and don't travel often so this was my first cancelled flight and my first time ever being in NYC.

The place was a madhouse after the cancellation and after hours trying to get everything sorted and not getting the best help from anyone at the airport, I just logged onto Priceline, typed in JFK airport and this was the first hotel that popped up. For $129 a night, it was pretty much the most I was willing to pay for an unexpected expense.

At the time, I did wish I had shelled out a bit more to stay at another hotel, because when I was scrambling to book a place to stay, I didn't realize that this Comfort Inn was not the closest. It's about 5 miles away in a residential area (it was also a $17 cab fare ride from JFK, tip included).

When I arrived 20 minutes after I booked the room, I got there and the lobby is not at ground level. You have to take a flight of stairs down and the elevator is not for all guests, so I had to haul my suitcase down with me to get to the front counter. Check in was no problem and they had my reservation and I had a room key in my hand within minutes. We discussed the shuttle and I was asked my departure time, though, for myself for next time, I will stick with my original instincts. The shuttle leaves on the half of every hour and you are asked to be at the lobby at quarter past. Tip for future travellers: BE AT THE LOBBY AT QUARTER PAST! More on that later. The agent scheduled me for the 6:30 shuttle (my plane boarded at 7:30 am) though I did say I wanted to be on the 5:30 am shuttle. He said I would be fine with the 6:30 shuttle and have plenty of time.

Another little hiccup was that the ONLY elevator was also out of service and he gave me a room on the 3rd floor. As he was also the ONLY person working the front desk, there was no one available to assist me, so I had to haul my luggage up a LOT of flights of steps. I also found that I was on the opposite end of the hallway from the stairwell he pointed me to and I was also in the room right NEXT to the stairwell exit. It wasn't my preferred room choice and perhaps I watch too much CSI but in the end it was neither here nor there. I didn't request a specific room, and this was what I got. Also, at this point, I was figuring that after a FULL day of delayed, rerouted and then cancelled planes, my judgement wasn't going to be the fairest. I let it go and there were no problems with the room although I could have sworn I had booked a non-smoking room, but when I arrived EVERYTHING smelled like cigarette smoke and there was an ashtray on the bedside table. Again, I reminded myself I was leaving pretty early the next day and at this point, I was so tired. There were two beds, a fridge, a microwave, and a bathroom and I had the room to myself - this was better than whatever I would have had hanging out at JFK for 12 hours. Free wi-fi was a bonus and I was able to connect multiple devices.

Overall, the stay was fine. I had a room overlooking the street so it was a bit noisy with garbage trucks beeping and backing up and sirens going, but it didn't prevent me from falling asleep.

I was ready to go and down at the lobby by 6:10 am. The only downside about the early flight/shuttle was that I missed breakfast which started at 6:30 am but there was coffee available.

So back to my earlier note about the shuttle and being on time. If you're told to be somewhere at a certain time, folks, please DO IT. Myself and a pilot were ready and waiting by 6:15 am and when the shuttle was ready to leave, only then did someone call down to say they were on their way. And for some reason, the desk clerk asked our shuttle driver to WAIT. We were LATE leaving and do you know what that means, not only for myself and the pilot who was RIGHT PISSED? It pushes EVERYONE ELSE who is waiting at other hotels this shuttle service caters to. Granted, I could point out that the shuttle service should have stuck to their guns and we should have left as scheduled, but honestly, people. This wouldn't matter if people showed up on time.

Overall, booking the room was simple. Check-in and the stay were fine and checkout was really easy since I had booked through a third-party and the shuttle, even with the delay was a much-needed extra. If you need a place to stay and you want to save a few dollars, this is a good place to stay. If you have a lot of luggage, call ahead and check to see if the elevator is working, though.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that is NOT next to the exit stairwell. CSI has a name for those rooms. Also, one...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank SillySkittlez
Northampton, Massachusetts, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

I had an unexpected layover when flying out of JFK, and ended up here at the recommendation of an airport staff person. It was a nice room for the night, and I was able to use the computer in the lobby a couple of times to deal with travel problems. Shuttle service was prompt and courteous. Pretty average for a U.S. motel, but it was good to receive a friendly greeting when I was exhausted and my plans had changed unexpectedly.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank springbyker
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Stayed at the Comfort Inn & Suites 1 night (Tuesday), had a connecting flight at 650am the next morning and had to be back at JFK airport by 4am. Upon arriving at JFK at 9pm we called the hotel for the shuttle was was informed to take airtrain to Federal Circle where the shuttle would pick us up. Turns out the airtrain had already stopped running, the hotel agent neglected to tell us of that part . So we had to find our way to Federal Circle ( not an easy feat if you are not a new yorker and familar with JFK) . We finally found Federal Cirlce and the shuttle came by and picked us up. It stopped at LaQuinta Inn first to drop some passengers ( Comfort & LaQuinta Inns share a shuttle). The room was good, king size bed, flat screen tv etc. Requested a wake up call for 4am and we got it. The shuttle came at 430a and took us back to JFK and dropped us directly at the terminal and not at Federal Circle which was great. It was a short 6 hr stay so didnt get to see anything else in the hotel but the Lobby carpet around the stairs needs cleaning. I would definitely recommend it to others flying out of JFK.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

This hotel is a very good value for the money. The rooms are clean and up to date with nice carpet, flat screen TV, granite counter bathroom, etc. The bed is very comfortable and the A/C/heater works perfectly for our comfort level. Not being familiar with the area, we chose to take a cab to the hotel rather than take the air train to Federal Circle which the hotel limo would pick you up. We did this after several conflicting directions from agents as to how to catch the air-train etc. and it is not straight forward and right outside the door of terminal 2. However, taking a cab turned out to be even more trying as he could not find the location on his GPS or even from instructions calling the hotel. It is somewhat hidden and a person should download the map from the website. However, the limo takes you right straight to the Terminal in the morning and it takes less than 10 minutes. Aldo Pizza across the street is excellent and they deliver to the hotel for $1 extra.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
5.1 km away
Days Inn Jamaica - Jfk Airport
3.2 km away
Sheraton JFK Airport Hotel

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Ozone Park? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK