Motel 88
US$ 230
US$ 204
ClarionHotels
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 252/night.

US$ 234
HolidayInn.com
Courtyard Oneonta Cooperstown Area(Oneonta)(Great Value!)
US$ 265
Courtyard
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 309/night.

US$ 133
US$ 156
US$ 126
US$ 158
Priceline
US$ 199
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 256/night.

Best Western Cooperstown Inn & Suites(Cooperstown)(Great Value!)
US$ 379
US$ 329
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 September 2010

Let's face it. You're going into this knowing you're not staying at the Marriott Marquis. Take this attitude and there really isn't much wrong with the Oasis (which I think is now called the Motel 88 or something of the sort). It is a bit out of the way, off into the West End of town, but nothing a $5 cab ride can't fix to get you to Main Street or up to either of the college campuses. The room was sparsely furnished, with a desk, counter, night stand and a flat screen mounted on the wall. The bed was reasonably comfortable and the bathroom was clean and well stocked. The free WiFi internet access was a little on the slow side, but hey, it's free. The key card was a little troublesome but we got the hang of it. All the other hotels in town were excessively expensive so we chose the Oasis and weren't disappointed. If you need cheap accommodations while you drop off your kid for the semester, or want a layover halfway to Buffalo, like we did, give the Oasis/Motel 88 a shot.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank danegativecreep
Reviewed 29 June 2010

I recently got back from Oneonta NY with a few friends. We decided to take a road trip this summer to visit our old haunts, since we are alums of SUNY Oneonta. Oasis seemed like a cheap and convenient option so we made reservations to stay there for two nights. I totally regret this decision.

The room we got, with two double beds, was terrible. While the beds were comfortable, there were BLOOD SPOTS all over the comforter of one of the beds, as well as blood inside the nightstand drawer (along with crumbs and dust). The AC was ancient and didn't really work, and the curtains were unmovable and hanging on the rod by metal nails. It seriously looked like a crack den. The flat-panel TV on the wall looked completely out of place in the room, which was not at all cleaned in the two days we were there.

The bathroom was just as bad as the rest - rusty radiator, moldy bath mat, and yellowing shower walls. It was just BAD BAD BAD.

Honestly, I would not stay here ever again. Even though my friends and I were rarely in the room, it was not at all comforting to go to bed on dirty sheets in a room that could define the complete opposite of cleanliness. Yuck!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank VioletteStar
Reviewed 4 May 2009

I was a little put off by the negative reviews of the Oasis here on TripAdvisor when I was planning my stay in Oneonta, but I decided to ignore the negative comments here and give the Oasis a shot regardless. Although I had attended the State College at Oneonta for four years my only prior experience with the Oasis was a night at their Chinese Buffet many years ago which was admittedly awful, so I was a little apprehensive at first and expected the rooms to be a disgusting horror show. I was, however, pleasantly suprised. As someone who doesn't own a credit card I was still welcomed and given quick, efficient treatment at check-in. The manager had no problems accomodating both the smokers and non-smokers in my group with rooms of their respective preference that were close to each other. Granted, this may have simply been because very few other guests were staying that weekend and many rooms were available, but it was convenient regardless.

The rooms themselves greatly surpassed my expectations. They were very small but much cleaner than I had prepared myself for. The TV and electricity worked fine and the bathroom was in good condition and fully stocked with soaps and shampoos. A cleaning lady came daily to tidy the room up and restock the towels and toiletries. At one point we found a spider in the bathroom and the shower sometimes took a few minutes to adequately heat up, but nothing happened that I would consider a dealbreaker. Checkout was a total breeze as well since all it consisted of was me dropping the keys into a mailbox and hitting the road.

All in all my stay at the Oasis was decidedly above average. The staff was helpful and friendly, the price was dirt cheap, the rooms were relatively clean and the motel was located within five minutes of downtown. The people who gave this place poor reviews must consider themselves some sort of royalty because while the rooms were spartan they were entirely acceptable to a regular guy like me.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank NyBob85
Reviewed 25 August 2008

We went to Oneonta to take my daughter back to school. One night at the Oasis was more than enough. The reception area was dirty and had an awful odor. The back room looked like it housed people. Our first room looked like 1950 vintage and it was musty smelling. The bathroom, which had updated tiling on the bathroom walls and the tub was extremely worn. There was a large ant crawling in the tub and there were hairs stuck to the bathmat. The shower curtain was moldy.
So they changed our room which appeared to be the same but the bathroom tub area was better. As we turned down the ancient bedspread, we found many stains on it. The thin fitted sheets on the bed slid off the corners. The bathroom sink, as I brushed my teeth, began filling up with water. I turned it off, only to find that it was leaking all over the floor. The thin towels were not worth drying yourself with and they only supplied, 2 bath towels, 1 hand towel, and 2 wash clothes. The shampoo came in a small packet(generic), as well as the unknown named soap. There was toilet paper stuck on the ceiling around the heat lamp.
They have a chinese restaurant connected to the motor inn. It was the worst chinese food I have ever eaten. There was nothing in the wonton shells. There was nothing that I could eat that was edible.
When I checked out, I expressed my feelings to the person at the desk. All she said was, "I am sorry". NOT good enough for me. There is NO price worthy of a stay at this dive.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank rubituesday
Reviewed 7 July 2008

I knew full well when we booked this place that we would not be staying in 5 star luxury BUT we did expect based on their website that it would be clean and decent . Sadly, this was not the case .......
Clearly the owners have made attempts to upgrade the rooms but one is left with the feeling that these efforts can only be classified as " a day late and a dollar short ....".
In the course of our 2 day stay we had to change rooms due to bathroom plumbing problems so we did stay in 2 different rooms in 2 separate buildings. Both had carpets that were stained and dirty , both had chairs that we were disinclined to sit on because the seat cover was pretty revolting, and both had baths that were newly tiled but had old mildewed shower curtains and mirrors that were so old that they were cloudy and obscured. The bathtub/showers were ancient and the porcelain finish was shot and in stark contrast to the new wall tiles .....The towels were thin and almost threadbare .....
Coffee and danish were offered in the motel registration area but given the dirty state of that area we didn't even consider it ...
All in all I'd go elsewhere - it wasn't worth staying here simply because the price was right .......
John -