Great Pines(Old Forge)
All reviewsindoor pooladirondack chairswould stay againnew carpetbed was comfortablecan't wait to go backlakemotelsignalrenovationlodgemattressporch
Reviewed 4 October 2017 via mobile

From the exterior, we were not impressed but lake view room with promised renovation for $105, got us. Well worth it it. Renovation is very fresh. Comfortable, quiet, large, clean room, micro, fridge and large tv. No in room coffee :( . Continental breakfast :) .

Certainly would stay here again!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dawb99
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Had a room that had a big window and porch that faced Fourth Lake. It was beautiful! Rooms were spacious and clean. Ours was recently remodeled. Mattress and pillows were comfortable. Nice hot morning shower. Great location just 2 blocks to downtown. Friendly staff. We would stay again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CindyLuWho
Reviewed 21 August 2017

We had a recently renovated motel room when we stayed at the Forge Motel. We absolutely loved the room and the views. Centrally located, near the beach and across from the water. The room was clean, smelled great and the views were great. What more could you want.

Room Tip: Room 38 has been recently renovated.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

This is about the 6th time we've stayed at the Forge motel in the last 10 years. We are well aware of the wood paneling, very old chairs inside and out, and other ancient furniture. Ourselves and other family members have been able to overlook this in the past however due to the great location of the Forge and reasonable price, as well as they allow dogs. This time when I made the reservation I was specifically asked if I wanted the $25 dog fee added on to the bill for arrival for 4 nights. So when we checked in and paid I assumed I had paid for the dog fee. We arrived on Thursday and found one the arm of the old chairs in the room was loose. Not a huge concern, we were able to pop it back together. On Saturday morning when I went to the office to check in the room for my son who was arriving and also let them know the ice machine on our end if the building wasn't working, I was told they had called for service on it, AND I needed to pay for the dog fee when I checked out. Additionally, my daughter's outdoor red Adirondack chairs were very loose. Upon Monday morning checkout, I shared the concern that my son went 3 days with no ice machine at his building, and a cooler with no wheels. He has 3 children under the age of 5, by himself, and he had to use a plastic grocery bag to walk to the other building to get ice. By the way, there are no mini-vacation, microwaves or coffee pots in the room. When I shared my concern of dog fee issue, no ice, and broken chair, I was accused of not telling them we had a dog, no apology for broken chair or no ice. Then the mother and daughter (owners?) Started arguing in front of me, and exact words to me "forget it. We won't charge you. I'm done arguing with everyone"! As I walked away the mother said to the daughter "that's ridiculous". Two star review as housekeepers were friendly and helpful, and shower water was hot.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank TLSeymour
Reviewed 24 May 2017

Some great things, some good things and some disappointments but the good very definitely outweighed the disappointments.

First the positives:- The room was very clean, views from the room over looking the lake were excellent. Location was ideal, short walk to shops, bars and restaurants, very friendly and helpful staff, great swimming pool in main lodge, good self serve breakfast, (Coffee, tea, apple and orange juice, choice of bagels, muffins, yogurt and tinned fruit) and of course the price! ($75/night)

The disappointments? The room was old and tired and in need of an update. Larger screen TV needed and no fridge or coffee making facilities in room. The Wi-Fi service was very patchy, sometimes no service at all and at other times very slow.

Room Tip: Looks like all rooms will have lake view.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lencobb
GeneralManagerOwner, Manager at Forge Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Thank you for taking to time to review us. We are currently in the process of updating our rooms. We have rooms that have been completely renovated that have a 40 inch flat-screen television, microwave and refrigerator. The rooms have all new decor, furniture, and beds. We hope when you visit Old Forge again you come back and check us out.