“Good Onion Rings and Slushie”

Park Place Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 10 Restaurants in Olcott
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 29 July 2018

My friend and I were leaving OLD OLCOTT DAYS and walking towards my car when we noticed a young man with a HUGE serving of delicious looking onion rings, sitting at a picnic table in front of the Park Place Restaurant which had an outside order and pick up window. We decided to share an order. Unfortunately, the order we were given was not nearly as large as the one we saw and many of the rings were overdone. The inside eating are was closed,but the picnic tables were nice to have available. I had a slushie for only $1.50!!!!

Reviewed 25 April 2018

I've lived in WNY all my life and had never visited Olcott NY until a few years ago. I prefer diner type restaurants because of the hometown feel and this place is awesome! Clean, freshly painted and remodeled for the age of the building, and the staff is very friendly!! Megan the cook and wife of the owner, is very entertaining and a great cook! Food usually takes only minutes to prepare. Try the breakfast burrito or double cheeseburger or steakburger for lunch...you won't be disappointed!!! Yum! The owner Walt has been there for 30 years and all the locals I met and talked to are really friendly folks. Olcott is a quaint little town and beautiful. The view of the lake is wonderful. For all you disbelievers of local diners...this place is Dept of Health approved and some of their people visit frequently. Just a great little diner, nothing more nothing less. Relaxing, friendly atmosphere, great prices! RJ

Reviewed 7 August 2017

My brother and I visited Olcott for a family reunion, stayed in a local motel, and when searching for a place for breakfast found the Park Place Restaurant right across from Krull Park. When we walked in and saw several locals enjoying breakfast we knew it would be good. In fact we went again the next morning. We were greeted by the smiling face of Megan who was busy prepping for the day. She demonstrated her knowledge of food by explaining some of the chemistry behind the food preparation.

We decided to go for the Peaches and Cream Waffle special, and could not believe the generous portion of fresh peaches on top of this crispy waffle. It was outstanding. Megan made out last morning in Olcott enjoyable and satisfying. I recommend this diner to any traveler in the area. The food is good, reasonably priced, the service is excellent and the friendly atmosphere is a great way to start the day.

2  Thank Garlicsteve
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Tried this place out. My first impression was not that great. However the people here are very nice. The food was alright. Nothing special, but not bad. Had enough to eat and it did not break the bank.

1  Thank dpenn1982
Reviewed 11 July 2016

We went in on a Sunday about 10am took about 10 min. to take our order then had about a hour before our food came out. I ordered french toast with a side of home fries it came out to be some thin hard like sourdough or Italian bread I asked for sugar free syrup I have diabetes. the lady brought me lite syrup that had 27 grams of sugar when I asked the 2nd time she did not have any and told me that that would be ok for me here old man used it so i should. well to say I did not eat left after a hour left the full plate and she still charged me for it never agin

Been to Park Place Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK