“Great Service, Beautiful Views from Upper Deck & Fantastic Food!”
Review of Mariner's Landing

Mariner's Landing
Ranked #2 of 10 Restaurants in Olcott
Reviewed 2 September 2018

We returned once again during a very busy Olcott Beach Labor Day car show. This is one of our favorite places in the area. We are from out of town. It was very busy but we were able to secure a table with umbrella on the upper deck. Service was quick and orders were correct. Our drinks were chilled and our server, Desiree was exceptional. Always return here when we are in the area.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed the prime rib smashed red potatoes and a huge dinner salad. This place is a hidden gem. Friendly service great food and enjoyable experience. Make a reservation, its becoming quite popular.

Reviewed 14 July 2018

For a tiny little village like Olcott this place was pretty decent. We stopped in without a reservation on a seemingly busy Friday evening and they got us in. Server was nice and polite. Food did seem to take a while but the waitress said they were down a chef. Had to ask to have our water glasses filled. I ordered the special blackened, Cajun chicken Alfredo which was ok but holy cow to they slather on the sauce here. WAY too much sauce and it the Stuff Shells and Ravioli dishes with red sauce came the same way. Minimal wine list but that's to be expected in such a tiny little village in the middle of nowhere.

1  Thank Clarkvara
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

This hidden gem overlooks Krull Park on Lake Ontario. We travel there yearly for the towns Pirate Festival.
The staff and owners are wonderful. The bar is well stocked and the food especially the seafood platter is amazing. Have also had the prime rib and the grilled vegetables are seasoned just right.

A short walk to the village shoppes and a beautiful sunset can be seen from the outdoor seating area.

Worth the trip

1  Thank Karen F
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

The girlfriend and I took a drive out to Olcott beach this past Saturday to walk around the lakeview shops and grab some dinner. We decided on eating at Mariners landing.

We walked in around 6PM, without reservations. It took a few minutes for the hostess to come to us as she was also the bartender. We were asked to sit at the bar as our table was being prepared upstairs. We had a drink and then went upstairs to be seated. Both of us ordered the seafood sampler platter which had approximately 4 shrimp, 4 scallops, a stuffed crab ball and a 10 ounce piece of haddock with potato and soup or salad. We each had a different soup as I got the clam chowder and she got the French onion. Both soups were very very good. I personally prefer clam chowder over French onion so I found mine to be significantly better. Our dinners were very good as well. The scallops and shrimp were fresh and well cooked. I requested my haddock fried which was cooked perfectly. We will definitely be coming back.

****DISCLAIMER****
You will wait significant amounts of time between drinks or courses if you go when it is packed. I am very easy to please person and I actually don’t mind enjoying my company while out to eat but many people complained about the wait time for their food to come out. I wouldn’t recommend this place for young children as they would probably go nuts over the course of an hour and a half dinner.

I forgot to take pictures of our dinner but here’s a picture of the sunset at the end of the road !

Been to Mariner's Landing? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK