“Excellent Waterfront View and Food”
Review of The River Club - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 August 2015

The view was awesome and so was the food. They had some specialty & unique dishes. Staff was professional and pleasant.

Reviewed 24 August 2015 via mobile

We came here for Sunday night dinner to be next to the water for the air and breeze...this place is perfect for it.

The menu is simple...burgers, sandwiches, salads, and variety of seafood dishes. Nothing amazing but solid decent food.

Same with the drinks...they have a full bar and some speciality cocktails. Again, nice variety nothing super exciting...just a solid drink. They had some local brews on tap which were tasty.

The service, like everyone else has mentioned, could be a better. Although our server was adorable...she could have been a bit more attentive thereby avoiding the constant, 'excuse me, excuse me' we found ourselves doing.

But the bill won't break your bank and for that...not a bad spot to relax and get a decent meal.

Reviewed 2 August 2015

It's unfortunate that the food at the River Club in Nyack, NY, doesn't rate as highly as the view. During the warm weather months, nothing beats a meal with a water view--in this case, the Hudson River and the Tappan Zee Bridge. In the nice weather, the restaurant's walls slide away, allowing you to be as close to the river as possible, with open views of sail boats and other vessels as they make their way along the river. In fact, during one visit, my companion and I watched as a mother bird sat protectively on her nest of eggs, which was located on a small dock over the railing from where we sat.

In addition to the great view, the River Club's prices are not as high as some other restaurants located on the river in Rockland County. The dress code is casual and the wait staff is pleasant. Once you have finished your meal, you can stroll over to the walkway on other side of the condo complex next door and get another view of the river. Or you can walk up the hill into town and browse the shops.

That all being said on the plus side, the food is just okay. I always order the same thing--a burger and fries. So while I cannot comment on the other menu options, I can note one consistency I have found on all my visits: The hamburger rolls are always stale. Once is a fluke, twice is a coincidence, more than that is the norm. On my last visit, I wondered what would happened if I asked the waitress for a fresh roll. Would the kitchen be able to provide one? The burger is otherwise okay, the fries so-so.

My companion had the sticky fingers burger, which is a burger with pulled pork and cheese on it, and found the pork and the roll to be stale.

Whether these two burger options are typical of the rest of the menu, I cannot say. But based on my consistent ordering of the same meal, next time I may consider just coming for dessert and the view.

Reviewed 1 August 2015

The place looks run down and may have been a real spot fifty years ago, but the decor and layout of the restaurant is something out of a "film noir" movie. We arrived for brunch and the selection of "eggs benedict with salmon" turned out to be a real mistake.
The presentation on the plate was non-existent. The salmon under the eggs was cold. The english muffin was a hockey puck and could barely be cut with a knife. I braved through the first tiny egg only to find the second one had a hard yolk. Now to me, the "reward" in this dish is the yolk running over the rest of the dish. When I mentioned these issues to the waitress she scooped up my plate, the plate of my friend, who may or may not have been done eating, but the waitress didn't ask. She also didn't ask if there was anything else I wanted to eat. I was still hungry. She put the bill on the table and said she had taken off the eggs. Jeez......thanks.

Reviewed 23 July 2015

We were looking for a restaurant, on the water, where we could meet a couple of friends for dinner. We took a table on the back deck and the view was, indeed, lovely. That was the high point of the evening. We were told all about the "fresh" seafood and its origins, although different staff gave conflicting information. The lobster rolls tasted as if the lobster came from the freezer case at Costco. The waitress forgot our clams appetizer and we wish we had left it at that. The food was all absolutely tasteless and we are hoping that we don't get sick from the clams. The waitress kept up a manic, inappropriate banter throughout the dinner that made me feel like running out of the place right after she poured the drinks (it probably would have been a good idea to leave then). We felt badly for inviting friends out for such a dismal dinner when there are many nice restaurants in Nyack. Bypass this one.