“Disappointed”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2015

I have been dining at this on-the-water casual restaurant for over 5 years and it has usually been acceptable. However, I ordered soft-shelled crab on this visit and it very disappointing. I think that the dish was almost rancid. As a matter of fact, after I ordered they took it off the Daily Special board. In addition to being possibly bad, it was covered with an almost inedible sauce/gravy. I will be very wary of ordering seafood there if I ever return.

Reviewed 15 April 2015

Marie, the bartender, was just great when my friend and I came into The River Club. We enjoyed a nice view of the Hudson River, and were able to sample several really good happy hour appetizer and drink specials. The chicken wings special was a bowl plus a plate, which was a huge amount of food we brought home. The filet quesadilla was tender and good. The fish and chips were fresh and lightly cooked so not heavily fried which was good. It wasn't too busy on a Thursday evening, but we were early and the weather wasn't great. I bet this is a hopping place when it's nice weather and warm. Prices are reasonable as well. Friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed 12 April 2015 via mobile

We stopped by for a quick bite. We had a burger, Cobb salad, swordfish sandwich and a spinach & scallop salad. We all enjoyed it all. We sat at the bar looking out and found it a serene & peaceful. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 7 January 2015

Great job on the post-Sandy Hurricane renovations. Food is always good & drinks are generous. Fabulous setting. Glad they are back & better than ever.

Reviewed 11 November 2014

Not only is the River Club on the Hudson in the quaint town of Nyack, it has a wonderful night view of the twinkling lights on the Tappan Zee Bridge. So, day or night the views are dynamite.
Staff is friendly, efficient. Food is pub fare with a slight leaning to Mexican. Seafood chowder is to die for!!! As are the Shrimp quesadillas.
This is not a Michelin Five-Star, but it is a "taste of Nyack" venue. In the summer, the back deck is open and delightful.
There are usually local residents present to share stories about their hometown. Most folks who live in Nyack have a real fondness for the quirky, microcosm town so close to NYC yet worlds apart in appearance.