“The new o'Donoghues is amazing”

O'Donoghue's Tavern
Ranked #21 of 84 Restaurants in Nyack
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

This place was stripped to the core and rebuilt under new management and happy to say that it is better than in the past. The crowd is different but better and the food being produced is quite good. I wish them good luck and the only negative thing is that they do not have their parking lot back. It is however worth finding a spot and go there.

1  Thank Allan S

Reviewed 13 February 2017

Went to O'D's tavern for dinner and my husband and i were pleasantly surprised at how delicious our food was. my husband ordered fish and chips and i ordered the seafood pot pie and we were delightfully stuffed. i had to ask for a doggy bag. the chef was very accommodating when i asked for certain veggies in my dinner. the dessert was delish we had the apple crisp and the gluten free peppermint paddy cake and i had to take the apple crisp home too. you got quite a bang for your dollar. will definitely go back. i understand they have a band on saturday nights and the atmosphere reminded me of an old english pub. definitely a five star restaurant.

Reviewed 31 December 2016 via mobile

Heard they were under new ownership and decided to give it a try tonight with my wife and one of the kids. Was warmly greeted when we walked in. Atmosphere has a slightly more modern feel with larger seating area. We were on the early side so tables were plentiful when we arrived on a Friday night (atmosphere was much more lively as we were leaving). We had a very nice waitress named Julia who made sure we had everything the way we wanted it. I had the pot pie, which was delicious. Not heavy. Full of fresh veggies (not just carrots and potatoes). Wife had the "cauliflower steak" special, which was really done beautifully. We got the sweet potato fries were well done and awesome. Very solid meal. Will definitely be back.

Reviewed 13 December 2016

Definitely A good time. If you like Irish style pubs and beer, this place is for you, I did not eat there but I saw the meals of others being served and it all looked great.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

I had the onion soup which was good and the pot pie which was poor. The crust was scorched and the filling was not great. Dark meat chicken was used but it had very little flavor.

Been to O'Donoghue's Tavern? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK