My husband and I just came back from a trip to Greece. Although we formed many beautiful memories of the country, Santorini at Enigma was an unanimous highlight and defines this trip for us. We stayed for 3 nights at Enigma at the end of March and was unsure if this was too much time considering the island was just beginning to open up for tourist season. However, we could've stayed a week here with no complaints!
We booked the hotel transfer with Chris beforehand and it really saves you the hassle. It's a drive of about 10-15 minutes. Someone from the hotel meets you at the car and takes you on a short (<50meters) walk to the hotel. We got a good rate on our room as it was low season and loved the charming room. It was super clean and had a small kitchenette that was handy as it always felt like teatime on the front porch with the gorgeous view! The view was breathtaking and definitely one of the most beautiful we have ever seen. Sunset is spectacular and I truly believe Enigma has one of the best locations and setup on the cliff side. It is smack in the middle of Fira but feels like a santuary once you enter it. It's chilly in the morning as the sun comes up from behind but by lunch time it is glorious bathing in the sun with the best view in the world. Our room didn't have a jacuzzi and the family lower down from us looked like they were having so much fun in theirs we were jealous lol Next time we definitely plan to book a room with the jacuzzi.
We wish the hotel had informed as that the a/c also provides some heating as it did get quite chilly as the mattress is on top of cement. For some reason my side of the bed was colder than my husband's lol.
Breakfast at Enigma was always a highlight. You check off the list of items you would like for breakfast the night before and the time you would like to have it delivered and voila, a tray of fantastic breakfast goods arrive within the time range. There was one morning where we slept in after an unpredictable late night and forgot to change the time. We got a nice phone call the next morning and the staff were happy to bring breakfast whenever we woke up.
The service is personable and so friendly! Chris sat down with us after we arrived and gave us this hand drawn map of the island and local Fira, which was a lot more useful and practical compared to a standard hotel map. She gave us the low down on the activities and restaurants on the island. Her recommendations never disappointed!! All the restaurants were great (especially Anogi!!!) and driving around to black, red beach was super fun. I admit I research like crazy before I travel but I really didn't need to with Chris's information. You can literally fly in and plan everything on the spot based on her recommendations. She also arranged for a rental car for us, 35 euros for smart car for 24 hours!!!! The entire process was painless and efficient. I would highly recommend driving around the island, especially for the scenic and somewhat thrilling drive to Oia for the sunset of a lifetime.
Cannot wait to come back!!!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Enigma Hotel in Santorini (Apartments & Suites) is perched on the cliff side of western Santorini, in the heart of Fira, the capital of Santorini island. Its wonderful location provides its guests with a spectacular view of the famous Santorini volcano and Caldera complex, the Aegean Sea, the island’s traditional old port and, best of all, the celebrated Santorini sunset. This view, along with the hotel’s excellent service and facilities, places it as a fine Santorini hotel in Fira.The Enigma Fira Santorini luxury hotel provides an amazing atmosphere for your holidays in Santorini. Enigma’s luxury Santorini suites, apartments and studios are elegantly-designed and feature a plethora of modern amenities that fuse harmoniously with the charming island-style architecture, creating one of the most picturesque hotels in Santorini. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Enigma Apartments & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Enigma Apartments And Suites
- Enigma Apartments Hotel Fira
- Enigma Hotel Fira
- Enigma Apartments & Suites Santorini/Fira