“Great stay and breathtaking view”
Review of VIP Suites

VIP Suites
Ranked #47 of 58 Hotels in Oia
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed 1 night in the honeymoon cave house.  I booked directly through their website and they provided 1-way complimentary shared pick-up from the airport.  Magnificent view of the Aegean sea at the balcony and watching the sunset in private.  The house is very comfortable with aircon, hot shower, kettle and simple utensils (plates, fork, spion and knife), except that they do not provide breakfast even though I want to pay for it.  And do expect to get lots of visit by the local cats asking for food which I love as it added some uniqueness to the stay.   The only thing lacking is wifi.  Can only detect very low wifi signal outside at the balcony area and totally not accessble inside the house.  But it's the same with my Cosmote network so I guess it's due to the structure of a cave house.  Also be warned about the steep steps down to the house.  It's all right to climb up but quite scary going down as the side of the stairs are low walls which made it very difficult to hold on.   Ended up I ordered in dinner delivery from nearby restaurant to share with my neighbours as I do not want to walk down the dimly lit stairs at night.  In conclusion, I really enjoyed my stay in this cave house (except for the stairs) and Oia as compared to other parts of the island.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 October 2017 via mobile

An amazing view for four days in Oia, fantastic sunset our first night. Room does need to have a few more items supplied (bowls, detergent, tea towels) as breakfast not included and we chose to self cater.

Lovely and quiet, enjoyed seeing the cats everyday

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed in the honeymoon suite in June. We paid €300 for one night, so expected a night of luxury. When we got there we were blown away by the view, one of the best views we had ever seen. However, the suite itself was very disappointing. The air conditioning was broken and when the guy can to fix it, he did so by shoving lots of toilet paper into it! The shelf in the fridge broke, smashing our wine over the floor. There was nothing to clean it up with, so I had to use a towel. The hot tub was inside, in a very small room which was humid and very hot - making it quite an uncomfortable experience. To top this off, when we went to bed, there was a big light in the bedroom that kept coming on by itself and there was no switch to turn it off!!...we had to wrap some towels around it to stop it from waking us up. We booked this through booking.com and ended up getting some money back after complaining about our experience. The only reason I have given this a 2 out of 5 is because of the view - I would not recommend the honeymoon suite.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 839claire
Reviewed 22 September 2017

Booked a VIP Suites with Caldera, Seaview and outdoor hottub. I requested quite early for the outdoor hottub suite and was told it will only be on a onsite availability only. I was quite lucky and got my requested suite and it was worth every single cent! The Reception Mariana was very nice and explained the necessary things and recommended some cafes and restaurants for us too. And kudos to the porter Marios! He carried our luggage down the steep steps without breaking a sweat, please tip him generously! it's really not an easy job!!! On a whole, i really enjoyed my 3 nights stay at Oia VIP Suites and will highly recommend it to honeymooners and couples. But as other people had said it is an apartment and not a hotel, so manage your expectation and you will have a wonderful time there. Oh yes the router is in our room, so we have perfect wifi connection.

Room Tip: Take the Caldera, Seaview with outdoor hottub suite as their suites are spread all around the area
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Skyearth22
Reviewed 18 September 2017

We had a patio with table and chairs but you could not see the sunset/rise from there as we looked at a wall we had to leave seating area to see the sunset/rise now paying 340 a night we expect to see the sunset/rise from our own seating area. only 2 pillows on bed had to use throw pillows as extra from seating area, the television did not work at all, the air conditioner did not cool the room two hours later, there were no amenities such as shampoo soap etc, no robes in suite these amenities are a must in such a suite especially being a VIP suite. the suite was too far from the reception of hotel especially for someone with difficulty in walking up and down stairs. VERY OVERPRICE .

Room Tip: there are other hotels with a lobby/reception in area and not many steps to walk up and down especia...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alejandro V
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oia
0.1 km away
6.1 km away
Blue Dolphins Traditional Apartments
1.8 km away
Hotel Atlantida Villas

Been to VIP Suites? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK