We decided to go to Etretat for a romantic 4 days get away over the busy Easter period. We were late booking and the Hôtel des Falaises was one of the few left. Unsurprisingly... We were given a 3 people family room for the price of... a 3 people family room, which I guess is ok (90€/night). The room was exactly as per photos on the website [--]
On the negative side:
1) Fabrics were of poor quality. The bathroom sink and table were a cheap cast fibre glass imitation of marble. But then, it's only a 2*.
2) Our window opened on a side street which appeared to be the main throughway for garbage trucks, which did their daily collection at dismally early hours.
3) Clinical ceiling neon lighting which is best left off!
4) Same floor neighbours were appallingly loud, until 3am - I don't blame the hotel, staff was apologetic, and they did offer us breakfast on the last day, for compensation. Best to skip the breakfast anyway. It's frugal and comes at a hefty 9€. You can get freshly backed "chouquettes" from local bakeries.
5) And this is the most frustrating, just across the street is the marvelous Hôtel de la Résidence in an original historic Normand manoir. Rooms are all brand new with romantic cast iron four poster beds (if that's your trip) and retailed at 70€! Some rooms even come with a jacuzzy. Unfortunately, they had only space left for 1 of the 3 nights we were spending in Etretat, so we skipped it. To this day, I regret this decision. So, my advice, book early!!!
On the plus side:
Location. It's a 100 yards from the seafront (but then, most hotels in Etretat are!) and you are guaranteed to hear the seagulls.
Conclusion: as a last resort, it will serve it's purpose to drop your bags and your weary bodies after a day's hike, but don't expect anything more.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Hotel des Falaises reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Des Falaises Hotel