All reviews private pool prison island stone town our honeymoon absolute privacy west coast of the island total privacy beach access seafood platter spice farm romantic dinner bush babies romantic place day bed tropical garden the general manager dinner on the beach
Reviewed 11 July 2016

My wife and I recently stayed at Zanzi Resort on their all-inclusive 5 night package (included a tour of Stone Town, tour of Prisoner Island, and a seafood dinner). If you're looking for a place to relax away from everything, this is the place! We stayed in a private villa, which included a private pool (with a long distance swimming generator) and beach access. It offered amazing views and was extremely private due to the dense and very well maintained landscape. The dining facility on-site was delicious! Everything was very well seasoned and included a lot of the local produce that was in season. I would highly suggest purchasing the meal supplement if not on the all-inclusive package. Since the resort is private, a taxi would be necessary to eat anywhere else and the resort can easily arrange any transport or excursions that you wish to do on the island. Everyone was extremely kind and courteous! I would highly recommend staying at Zanzi Resort!

Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Kasia M, Manager at Zanzi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2016

Dear Shena and David,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! It was a pleasure for us to welcome you at the ZanziResort and we sincerely hope to see you again. We wish you all the best and thank you again !

Reviewed 7 July 2016

I recently stayed at Zanzi Resort, and it was exactly as advertised. Well appointed villas, beautiful views, excellent service and peace and relaxation. Breakfast and lunch are served at any time during the day, and you have a choice of where to dine for all meals - beach, jetty, villa, restaurant. The food was consistently good with an adequate selection of choices and attentive and pleasant servers. Also, there were never any vendors on or around the property, which was such a pleasant change from the resorts I've stayed at on the East Coast and in Stone Town.
I stayed in Villa 5, which had a larger outdoor space than some of the other villas, and the sunset views were quite stunning from Villa 5, as well. You could also hear the sound of waves just below the villa's pool, which added to the ambience.
I enjoyed the villa so much that I never left the property during my stay. I did arrange for a massage, which I would highly recommend. The massage room is open air and built over the water, so you enjoy the sound of waves and a nice ocean breeze during the massage. Quite relaxing.
If you are looking for nightly resort entertainment and a vast expanse of white sand beach, then Zanzi Resort is not going to meet your expectations. Otherwise, I don't think there is a better property on the island to relax and unwind!

Room tip: Villa 4 is located just adjacent to the new jetty, so it is not as private as the other beachfront villas
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Sheryl,
Thank you very much for such a wonderful review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed you quiet and relaxing time with us. We hope you will not forget about us while planning your next trip to Zanzibar.

Looking forward to hearing from you again!

Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

We loved our stay at Zanzi Resort! The staff were friendly, & kind. The rooms were beautiful, clean, and decorated well. The BEST food we had our entire 2 week tour of Tanzania. Every meal we swore was the best, and then it got better. What an amazing Chef! On Wednesdays they have a live band, dancing and BBQ. Everything was fantastic. Only 13 rooms, so it felt very private and they treated you like family. I'd definitely reccomend.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Mark s, Front Office Manager at Zanzi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2017

Dear Cherise,

It was such a pleasure to host you. We are very happy that you appreciated our staff and service and also our food! We are lucky to have an amazing team who is taking care of everything with passion to make the stay of our guests memorable.
In ZanziResort we firmly believe that if you put your hear into something it must succeed.
We hope to see you again in the near future.
Please remember we have great discounts for returning guests :)

Good luck,
ZanziTeam

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

My wife and I stayed a week at Zanzi Resort after a week on Safari on the mainland. From the initial greeting we knew that we had chosen a special place to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary.
The villas have their own private plunge pools with a power jet if you fancy a workout. There is also a lovely larger pool near to the restaurant. The villa was very private and an ideal place just to kick back and relax. The rooms are very spacious and well appointed. You could eat on your patio every evening if you wanted. However we preferred to wander up to the bar and restaurant to have drink and eat. One evening we dined on the beach in candlelight, surrounded by flowers. Very romantic with a galaxy of stars over head. You can also dine on the pier if desired. The food on offer was beautifully cooked and nothing is too much trouble for the staff. We also had a lovely boat trip on the hotels dhow to Prison Island, a trip to Stone Town and a visit to the east coast. These were all arranged by Kasia and her team. And were very well organised. We did have an issue with our pool when we arrived due to the previous occupants of our villa not showering before swimming. We were well taken care of by Kasia with some complimentary drinks and an upgrade to another villa. It is often how hotels deal with problems that shows their class!! Overall Zanzi Resort is a superb hotel, especially if you are seeking privacy, luxury and the opportunity to totally relax

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear Gillian and Philip,

Thank you very much for this nice review. It is very kind of you to write so many good things about us even though there were some issues at the begining. I am very happy to hear that we managed to accommodate all you needs and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Once again thank you so much and hope to see you again!

Kasia and Zanzi team

Reviewed 20 June 2016

Don't look any further. If you're going to Zanzibar and are looking to relax, you will not go wrong at the Zanzi. We stayed here for three wonderful nights. We were in Villa 7, which is probably the nicest hotel room I have ever had the pleasure of staying in. The private pool was amazing, the private beach was lovely, and the room includes an area called "the platform", a hidden cove in the coral where we enjoyed candlelit dinners every night looking out over the ocean.

The staff deserve a lot of credit here as well. We were there with two young kids, and they did everything they could to help out. This included one of the managers delivering several inflatable toys for the pool. Along with the swimming jet in the pool, this made our private pool into somewhat of a water park. They were discreet yet helpful, and did everything with grace. The service was on par with what I've experienced in some very nice western hotels.

Room tip: The villas with the private beaches are more private than those without. I would pay the extra money to get one.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Jennifer and Michael,

It was a pleasure to welcome you in our beautiful resort. It is wonderful to hear that you had such a good time with you children here in our hotel. We hope that you will not forget about us you will visit us again soon!