All reviews hot water fish rooms are clean monument mig bed market shower tv geel arabic hargeisa business somaliland ac country berbera
Reviewed 19 February 2018

I just did my Somaliland trip last week (Feb 15 --Feb 18, 2018). I contacted the manager of Damal Hotel (her name is Sagal)directly and asked her to secure landing visas for me and my husband. She replied immediately and was able to secure the landing visas for both of us. She was very professional. I also asked her to help find a driver (we have a budget constraint) who can take us to Laas Geel. Again she helped us find a reliable driver. Without her help, we would not be able to materialize this trip. We are very grateful. The trip is smooth. I finally met her in person. A nice lady.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank winter n
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

Damal is probably the only decent place in Hargeisa. It is very central located and convenient if you have business in the area.
The rooms are clean howver I recommend that you bring your own sleepers, they provide some old plastic ones, you won’t liked it. Trust me on this.
Please ask for a room with windows facing the outside as the rooms without windows can be claustrophobic.
The service is good and you will not face any issue.
The restaurant is decent as well, the meet and all food is fresh and tasty (don’t expect anything fancy tough).

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank DANIELRO76
DamalManager, General Manager at Damal Hotel Hargeisa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments on tripadvisor.

We are happy to hear that you have found our hotel central location ideal for your stay.

Reviewed 14 December 2017

Stayed a couple of nights, and were very comfortable for our stay. The people working there were the nicest, and most helpful we’ve come in contact with. Room was a little small, it has great air con, well appointed bathroom. Restaurant in hotel was more than adequate for a couple of nights. We seemed to be only tourists, and the staff took us under their respective wings. It’s right in the middle of town and central market area. Felt very safe walking around, not for the novice traveler. They also can arrange excursions to some of the surrounding “sights”. Prices are way below comparable hotels elsewhere. Not sure where else tourists would stay, other options a bit dreary.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank 767williams

Dear Mr Williams,

Thank you for your feedback. We’re excited that you selected the Damal Hotel on your recent trip to Hargeisa We are very delighted to hear you found our staff to be nice and accommodating. We will share your kind words with all our staff. Our primary goal is to provide you with exceptional service at Damal Hotel. The tourist industry in Somaliland is growing and we are happy to assist in anyway possible all tourist travellers within our Country and Hotel.

Once again thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

Come here for Amazing relexsation
Come here for Easy shoping
Come here for the centre of the town
Come here for the Very nice food drink and etc
Come here top lexuray hotel or 5 star hotel in hargeisa

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Abdishakur,

Thank you for your amazing wonderful comments regarding our Hotel. We will share such uplifting comments with all our staff and hope to welcome you again at Damal Hotel for your next trip in Hargeisa.

Reviewed 3 May 2017

I liked my stay in this hotel. My room was large, spotlessly clean, cool and quiet. The reception staff were very friendly and accommodating. My airport pick up worked seamlessly too. The wifi connection is fast and reliable. I was expecting something basic but the Damal does "basic" well.

In addition, i liked the hotel's location right by the Mig monument so in the evening i could watch the world go by.

Date of stay: May 2017