“Eden is Great Island Barbecue!!”
Review of Eden

Eden
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Bel Ombre
Description: Our beachside sanctuary providing a romantic atmosphere with wonderful views of Beau Vallon Beach, whilst serving the freshest seafood and assorted cuts from the barbecue.
Reviewed 7 June 2016 via mobile

Eden restaurant in located in the H Resort... I would recommend Eden Restaurant for a beautiful night on the town. The inside outside dining arrangements is perfect for the environment and location near the beach. The food is properly prepared by Jay, an awesome barbecue chef... I would like to thank Alexander, Vik, Sharon, and Rachael and the entire staff of Eden for there amazing hospitality and excellent service... I would every one staying in the Beau Vallon area to spend a wonderful time in Eden.... Thank you for laughing and sharing all with us... I will be back...

TheHResortBVBeach, Public Relations Manager at Eden, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2016

Dear Frank

Please tell all your friends about your experience and what you said, we like it!
Anthony Perlman

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for Eden

Reviewed 26 May 2016 via mobile

Modernity, flat landscape, shopping mall, eating places and just lovely ambience. I must say though that most places are expensive.

Dear Loriegrey

I am not sure what you are referring to, as it does not sound like our restaurant overlooking Beau Vallon beach?
Regards

Reviewed 13 May 2016 via mobile

Good service friendly staff .the meat is presented to you at the table then cooked the way you like it you have to order sides I had 220g filet it was delicious. Tina tartare very nice for starter and chicken for main was nice too w sides Spinach

Dear Jennifa

Great to know that you had a lovely dinner, thanks for sharing this experience with other guests.

Reviewed 23 April 2016

The H Hotel is a great hotel to stay in and we thoroughly enjoyed all the restaurants, however Eden was one of our favourites. With a small number of tables, the restaurant has a very exclusive feel and the staff ensured that our evening was enjoyable.

While the restaurant is very romantic for couples, which let's face it, makes up most of the visitors in the Seychelles, the staff were so friendly and approachable it made a great dinner venue for a girls only dinner too.

We ordered the steaks, which came amazingly full of taste and cooked perfectly. The side dishes were plentiful and service was with a smile. They even gave us a complementary glass of bubbly each, which was a really nice touch.

A waiter called Alessandro was fantastic – would highly recommend Eden.

Dear Jill
Thank you for your review of Eden. I am sure that Alex did take good care of you and it is pleasing to know you had a lovely meal.

Reviewed 27 December 2015

On Mahe Island, one becomes accustomed to the non familiarity with Coeliac Disease. And why would people here have knowledge of a condition that is mainly unknown to this population? So having a a visitor who is Coeliac becomes a bit of a challenge, eating out becomes a huge issue. So if you are Coeliac and you walk into a hotel and have this experience, what would you think?

"I am the Chef. My name is Mario. I am from Italy. Are you Coeliac or gluten intolerant? (this is the litmus test to establish if your chef actually understands Coeliac. Many people may be intolerant to gluten which is a completely different condition, as cross contamination may not be a problem). Would you like pasta, a pizza/ we can get you some bread etc etc!!! " This is music to the ears of those who have no choice but to eat a Coeliac suitable diet which includes avoiding all cereal based foods and also soy sauce etc etc.

Mario, at the h hotel in Bel Ombre, Mahe Island is a pleasure to dine with for those who have a challenging diet. He created an amazing dish that our guest could only have dreamed of. So thank you so much Mario. If I could give him a 10/10, I would, he deserves an 11 out of 10 actually. However, i was not impressed with how the h dealt with my query. I had phoned and emailed before xmas re the issue and it seems the person I dealt with went on holidays and no one picked up the query - not very professional. I phoned on the morning of 26th re the booking to be told firstly that I did not have a lunch booking, then that I did have one and I got nowhere during this conversation re Coeliac suitable food. Our waitress had no idea what we were talking about re GF. Hence the chef was called upon!. It is a pity that a hotel that actually had so much to offer has not trained up their staff. Hence the 4 stars which is a pity.

Dear Rita

Apologies for an inconvenience caused, but hopefully Chef Mario made up for the shortcomings.
kind regards