Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove
Agoda.com
Forest Lodge(Bel Ombre)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,100 results
All reviewsother hotelssunset baropen planour honeymoonupgraded to a suiteinfinity poolwalk along the beachmain restaurantspg platinumocean frontfacing the seaparis restaurantlong beachla diguethe hotel managerindian oceanother islands
Reviewed 11 January 2010

I booked a few nights at the Le Meridien Hotel as part of my Africa Honeymoon. I had a week planned to the Seychelles and wanted to spilt the Seychelles part between Mahe and La Digue. I'm glad we did it this way. We went to La Digue first and stayed at Le Domain Orangeraie and had a terrific stay, and really enjoyed expoloring the island, and spending very comfortable nights at our self catering accomodation (in my opinion, Domain Orangeraie is the best spot on La Digue.

Our stay at Le Meridien was completely different. First of all, we arrived at the hotel having taken two taxi's, and two ferry's from La Digue and were pretty tired. I had read many reviews and was a little apprehensive as to whether the Le Meridien would be an impersonal hotel on a beach, a resort, or something inbetween. It was neither - it was a very personalized resort experience! We were immediately offerred seats, and drinks, congratulated on our marriage, while they checked us in. Within minutes, the General Manager, Olivier Francais approached us and offered us a very personal welcome. As a platinum member with the Starwood group (because of work travel - not personal) I usually get some kind of personal attention, but nothing like Olivier's reception. He let me know that they had a better room available than the one we had booked in, and that he wished us wonderful experience. He also gave me his card in case I had any questions. He also noticed bandages on my leg from a fall I had on some coral in La Digue. He immediately asked if I had enough first aid supplies to change it, and sent for more.

When we opened the door to our rooom, we were amazed. There was a beautiful fruit basket on the table, crackers and cheese, and flowers everywhere! The tub was completely filled with flowers, a bottle of champagne, and hearts made from flowers on the bed, the bathroom countertops, and on the table. My wife was trying to figure out when I had called or emailed the hotel to have them go to this effort. I had to explain that I hadn't done any of this - that Olivier and his team and done it on their own. The attention didn't stop there. Olivier called to make sure our room was satisfactory, asked about my cuts, and gave us some tips on how to best enjoy the Christmas holiday there at the hotel. This all happened in the evening - I'm sure outside of his normal working hours. He also followed up every day of our visit!

We are relatively young, and were on a budget, and while we had to splurge a bit for the meals, they never disappointed! On Christmas Eve we had plans to go to one of the dinners at their amazing restaurants, but were still so full from our late lunch at the pool, we ended up ordering room service - the best tiramisu and coconut ice cream ever! The breakfast buffet was amazing as well! Better than any Ritz, Four Seasons, or other resort I have ever stayed at.

The reason I say this was so different than our experience at La Digue, is that once we arrived at Le Meridens Fisherman Wharf - we didn't want to leave. The bay was beautiful to walk and to swim in (especially by the hotel where they keep the beach very clean) the pool was amazing, and the resort atmosphere felt secluded, sophisticated and very, very comfortable. We found more post card perfect beaches on La Digue, but it was nice having such a long beach to walk and the option of a tide pool right below the resort and a big sandy beach to the side. Also, if you do want to get out and explore - there is a great hike that takes 30 minutes or so to a secluded beach just up from the hotel - a beach that has no car access!

We found the resort very relaxing and beautiful, but most of all, it was the personal attention that Olivier gave us, and that his team and staff reciprocrated at every opportunity that was amazing! I've spent many days and nights at Ritz Carlton's, Four Seasons for work conferences and have become accustomed to attention to details and luxury, but I've never had such personal attention as a hotel guest!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank glbltrotter
Reviewed 3 January 2010

Beautiful setting, in particular the gardens. But also the buildings in general, the swimming pool and the restaurant.
Very helpful and smily personell.
Excellent restaurants.
The beach is not the best one in Seychelles for swimming, but is very beautiful, and walking a bit along the beach from the hotel it is good for swimming too.
Rooms are very spacy, and well equiped. Maybe not the most stilish rooms taking into account the price though.
Only negatives: Made a couple of mistakes on the bill (for sure corrected when pointed out), and looked like taxi reservation had been forgotten.
Summary: Expensive, but it is very good!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 November 2009

Having booked this special holiday for my husband and I to celebrate his 60th b'day, we then read a few of the not so complimentary comments on this site and were a little apprehensive. Completely not the case . From our arrival to our departure we were treated as very special guests.. Our accomodation was upgraded and was lovely with fab views and very well designed and very up to date. The restaurant is buffett style each day was a different theme and the food could not be faulted, yes alcohol is expensive.
The a'la carte restaurant is a great asset to the hotel and the food was delicious. The beach is a public beach but so are all the beaches on the seychelles their moto is if you can get to it then you can use it !!! Without nameing each individual member of staff we would like to thank all of them for making this holiday so memorable. We certainly did not want to leave and would return tomorrow even though the weather wasn't the best .

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 October 2009

My wife and I stayed at the Fishermans cove this last September for a week of our Honeymoon. I have to agree with many of the other posts in that this is a very beautiful hotel. The beach in front is just so so as it sits right on a kelp field, but the rooms and pool etc. were very nice. We stayed in a bourgonvilla suite and have to say it was one of the nicest hotel rooms we have ever had (after many years of quality travel). The rack rate of that room was around 800 euro a night (on the website around 600) but I ended up using starwood points and thought it was a pretty good deal. As it was our honeymoon they even gave us a free bottle of wine and also some little canape' snacks.

The spa there was pretty nice and I had two massages there the prices seemed a little high but not too horrible. 80 euro for a 1 hour swedish massage for example. The massage staff were pretty good and I felt it a reasonable price.

You need to taxi to most places and even the front desk recommended we stay near the hotel at night on the beach side. We did walk one night down the beach to the other hotels in the area and did not have a problem, but there is a very dark unlit part and we heard stories from the hotel and even from the dive center I used that at night it is not safe. We did see some scketchy guys there but they did not follow or give us any problems.Either way it might be better to walk there during daylight and just catch a taxi back home.

The free breakfast was excellent and I would recommend getting the wake up juice shots they provide.

Our only major complaint was the price gouging once you are there. For Example the buffet dinner was 52 Euro per person (without drinks) we compared to some other 4 star and above resorts on Mahe and this was extrememly expensive. The hilton for example was in the low 30s. Also the drinks and snacks etc seemed a bit pricy. For a local liquor (made in the seychelles) mixed tropical drink you were looking at 12 Euro on the cheap end and 20 on the high end. For anything fancy that was not a Seychelles liquor expect much much more. Also a simple cheesburger with fires was in the low 20's. Also at the little store there they were trying to sell a 5$ bottle of Nivea sunscreen (45 SPF) for like 45 Euro.

Don't get me wrong the quality was good but was not so good I would have said it worth the extra costs. I know the seychelles is a bit pricy but these prices in comparison with other hotels in the ares were generally 40% higher. Also the "dive shop" is basically a little booth for a real dive shop located elsewhere. Once again the prices we were quoted there were about 30% higher then what we found at a local dive shop just down the beach.

A few fun things we stumbled acorss in the area. Near the coral strand hotel (10 minute walk down the beach) on Wednesday nights is a free market that starts just after dark. It was great we had one of the best meals we had on Mahe there from the vendors there (for only a few dollars). There was a BBQ fish guy there who had the best Red Snapper I have ever tried. He said he caught it that morning even. Also the little shishkabobs were great as well. We did try the Palm wine which looks a bit funny (green and served out or chemical containors in refilled coke bottles) and had no ill effects but to be honest neither of us liked the taste so much. I think that market (and the one in Victoria on Friday nights) were the most Seychellois local type of things we saw that week.

Another great thing to do is go diving of course and I can highly recommend the dive center down the beach (dive seychelles) at the berjaya hotel. They were very professional and also the only dive center in the seychelles who is working with the MCSS (marine conservation society Seycelles) to track and photograph the whale sharks. We went with them for one whale shark expedition and saw 4 whale sharks. They say the whale sharks are only in the seychelles in Aug/Sept/Oct and they send out an ultralight plane to find them, then you get on a boat and the plane guides the boat to where the whalesharks are located. Your only allowed to snorkle with them but I have to say it is one of the most amazing things we did in the seychelles. Imagin swiming with a fish the size of a schoolbus. You must get on the list well in advance and call each morning your interested in going, they cannot go every day due to weather (wind or clouds which would effect the little plane) but they will know by 11am each day what is possible. When we went out we had a couple of scientists with us who were busy cataloging and getting skin samples from the whale sharks. All in all a very cool experience and one which almost made the trip the seychelles on its own.The Berjaya even has some tortoise there, but they were stuck in a little dirty pen so we were not too happy with that (unrelated to the dive center)

It was little expensive but we booked Brian the taxi driver (who always seems to be in the lobby as a hotel taxi guy) for a day tour around the island and we think he did a very good job. It was 125 Euro for 7 hours but we feel like he showed us all of the highlights and neat things in Mahe in that time. He also did not push a bunch of crappy souvenir shops on us, but took us to exactly what we wanted to see and do.

We also went to the Boathouse reseraunt (a 5-10 minute taxi ride) and found the buffet to be ok, but not quiet as good as what we had at the local market.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bison1847
Reviewed 5 October 2009

Had such an enjoyable stay last year that I returned again. Location of Fisherman's Cove provides best of both worlds, ie, nice swimming pool but also a long beach a few seconds' walk from the hotel. As a non-swimmer I found it perfect for strolling along, with a number of hotels and, just off the beach, restaurants for drinks/food. Travelling alone, I felt quite safe. The hotel staff and management took the trouble to remember my name. Everyone is so courteous, pleasant and friendly. Breakfast buffet serves pretty much everything you could want. Dinner is also a buffet with different themes each evening, eg, fish, Creole, Asian, Italian. Dress code is smart casual. 3 pin plugs just as in UK and they drive on left side, as in UK. Capital, Victoria, about 10 mins in taxi for 10 Euros. If necessary, change Euros to Rupees but most things can be bought with credit card/euros. Temp when I was there in mid to high 80s. Burn quickly even though it may be overcast. Excellent holiday and excellent hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo